cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

The FCRA requires that credit grantors report ACCURATE information.  I will accept nothing less.  If it were mine, I would dispute with both the CRA's and Credit One.

Note: Is it reporting incorrectly on all three or just one?  If it's just one, then it has probably been mis-coded by a data entry clerk.  A dispute to the CRA should clear this up.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL

LOL That's funny!

OMG...I forgot about that!  That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read!!

@Itsmeagain wrote:

The FCRA requires that credit grantors report ACCURATE information.  I will accept nothing less.  If it were mine, I would dispute with both the CRA's and Credit One.

Note: Is it reporting incorrectly on all three or just one?  If it's just one, then it has probably been mis-coded by a data entry clerk.  A dispute to the CRA should clear this up.

I agree with this fact.  I sent them an email requesting they report the accurate info as requiredby law.  Nothing nasty, just stated the fact.  I'ts only reporting on EQ & EX as TU has not updated the info yet.  They can't make it look like it was their decision as it clearly was NOT.  

We'll see what happens!!  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 17
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

For those members who may have missed the memorial service, here's the thread.

And please...try to keep excessively-loud weeping and sobbing (or laughing) to a minimum...

Message 13 of 17
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

This is one of those examples where I would let sleeping dogs lie.  I see no benefit by poking the credit reporting agency into opening your file, there are too many possibilities of something else getting goofed up.  My philosophy is,  'The less interaction with CCC's and the credit agencies the better off you will be'.
Message 14 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm with DI and Watchmann about this.  I don't think it's that big of a deal, and who knows what might happen if the CSR who handles the situation doesn't get it right.  It could end up in disputed status, which could be a bigger headache to clear up.  Gotta pick our battles carefully.

I had the opposite thing happen - B of A closed an account of mine due to prolonged inactivity (totally my fault).  On my CRs it reads "closed at consumer's request".  Go figure. 

Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As much as I like to have completely accurate info on my reports, I'd worry that out of spite by accident, they might just cease to report the entire TL, losing the history, etc.

This has happened numerous times to members who were trying to GW or dispute something on a closed account. The lender instead simply ceased reporting. It's not the same situation, but ya never know...

GL whichever way you go.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know...in fact I know better.  Sometimes I act impulsively just to gedt everything reporting as it should.

Maybe the csr will just delete my email.  I need to learn which sleeping dogs to just let be!  Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.