Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one Visa card has been AXED 😀

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one Visa card has been AXED 😀

Yes, it helped me too. But it's never going to grow into a legitimate card with a high limit. To each his own, I guess.

Message 11 of 39
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

This was a good beginner card as far as building credit from scratch. it had an annual fee, plus they charge you for CLI sometimes. my goal in closing it was to eliminate unecessary  debt. my limit was only $650 on the card and I had it for 2 years. every CLI offer came with a 19.95 fee which was INSANITY. the card was good for what it was in the beginning of my Credit building Journey. My Credit one Mastercard is next up on the Block. my cards that I currently have are as follows: 1. Discover it Chrome   2. Citi Double Cash  3. Amex everyday blue cash   4. Amazon Prime Store Card   5. Uber Visa   6. Ebay Rewards Mastercard  7. Cap 1 Quicksilver  8.  Shell Rewards Citi Mastercard  9. Credit one Mastercard.  after I close the Credit one Mastercard I will be laying off applying for more cards unless a great offer SLAPS ME IN THEE FACE Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you can look forward to receiving a "Credit One" offer in the mail every week or two along with another offer via email. It's been year's since I had my Credit One CC and yet they continue sending me offers with a whopping $1500.00 CL.
I've got every CC I want or need with 200K in CL's, yet they keep sending me these offers.
Message 13 of 39
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

I want to echo what an earlier poster said about checking the remainder of your statements. Even a penny left on the card will hurt you a lot if, unnoticed, it becomes late or heaven forbid goes into default. Then you're back to where you were, if not worse. Keep checking. Even if you paid it off completely, if you had any balance at all in the prior period then you might get burned. And if you don't think you did, it's only what they think that matters. Be careful out there, and congratulations on your achievements in the credit world!

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one is some cold crap!!!!!    If you don't use the card like I don't they will charge you $9 a month for fees.  Not sure if they charge that if you use the card but the card I have that's what they charge you every month when you do not use it.  Its a usless junk fee that they do to make money.  By far the WORST card I have in my wallet that and 1st Premier.   

Message 15 of 39
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit one is some cold crap!!!!!    If you don't use the card like I don't they will charge you $9 a month for fees.  Not sure if they charge that if you use the card but the card I have that's what they charge you every month when you do not use it.  Its a usless junk fee that they do to make money.  By far the WORST card I have in my wallet that and 1st Premier.   

The way to counter that fee—go to the Dollar Store or somewhere else and charge a pack of gum 🤣

Oh that’s right. You axed it. Good for you. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have both cards ....visa and MasterCard. Both at $800 CL. So IAM guessing I made a mistake getting them .
Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

But hey, at least you are able to built your credit. be thankful, many cant get credit.
Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also started with them, although you should consider sock drawer that card and grab a coffee once every couple of months, that history is extremely important for your AAOA. Be prepared for a solid dip in you credit score. As a general rule never close ripe old accounts, hope that helps and good luck.
Message 19 of 39
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I also started with them, although you should consider sock drawer that card and grab a coffee once every couple of months, that history is extremely important for your AAOA. Be prepared for a solid dip in you credit score. As a general rule never close ripe old accounts, hope that helps and good luck.

@Quinton,  I disagree and will point out:

A) This is an older thread

B) There will be no AAoA dip, solid or otherwise, because the closed accout will remain for 7-10 ish years (depending on various factors).  A dip because of UTL is possible, either aggregate or cards reporting, but that seems unlikely in the OP's profile in is likely not cause for concern.

In my view ..... One should close "ripe old accounts" when the terms are not in their favor.  These creditOne accounts probably are ripe indeed.

Remember, Finances and FICO.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.