Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one Visa card has been AXED 😀

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Credit one Visa card has been AXED 😀

Great morning Fico Family!!

This morning I called Credit one and closed My Platinum Visa Credit card. They asked me why and I truthfully said that you don't give out enough CLI(i only had 2 cli for $350 over the course of 2 years). Second thing is im eliminating useless Debt. So they closed it and im excited. Now the Credit one Mastercard will be next up on the chopping block. I will say this though, i thank Credit one for giving me a chance to establish credit, they were the first to help begin my credit journey. But now its time to move on.
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit one Visa card has been AXED 😀

GOOD FOR YOU! 

Snoop 1.gif

Message 2 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"THE AXE"

Message 3 of 39
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:
Great morning Fico Family!!

This morning I called Credit one and closed My Platinum Visa Credit card. They asked me why and I truthfully said that you don't give out enough CLI(i only had 2 cli for $350 over the course of 2 years). Second thing is im eliminating useless Debt. So they closed it and im excited. Now the Credit one Mastercard will be next up on the chopping block. I will say this though, i thank Credit one for giving me a chance to establish credit, they were the first to help begin my credit journey. But now its time to move on.

KUDOS OP

Make sure to keep a check on the next 2 statements to ensure no extra fees or trailing interest. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 39
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats.  I need to go ahead and do the exact same thing!!

Message 5 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great! What flavor/smell did you use?Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 39
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

YEAH! WHOOO! Excellent decision! Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is that bad.... Ive had credit one visa for a year now started with $300 CL and after six months they raised it to $800 since then it stayed the same. Now I was just approved for the master card with $800 CL . I've had no issues with them...so IAM reading here making me think k to cancel my cards but I don't want to hurt my score?
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to pay an annual fee? If so, that's one of the reasons why people get rid of CreditOne. A credit card with an annual fee and zero rewards is not a wise financial move. They also like to do things like charge you for a credit limit increase. CreditOne is basically a card you get when you're first starting out or trying to rebuild bad credit, and then once your scores go up you can get a card that actually has benefits. THose tend to require higher scores than the scores possessed by people CreditOne targets. I've had a CreditOne card for 18 months now--started out with a $500 limit and now is up to $1,050. Back when I got it, the only other card I had was a CapitalOne card with like a $500 limit. My scores have increased significantly since I got the CreditOne card. I now have three other cards all with rewards and benefits. I am closing my CreditOne card in the next few months because i"m tired of paying them a $100 annual fee in monthly installments just for having the card even if I don't use it.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have the usual rewards..my annual fee for both cards are $39 each . But this card really helped me with my credit score.
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.