cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one: annual fee every month?!

tag
Mantis350
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit one: annual fee every month?!

I guess this is definitely a case of YMMV.  MOST people seem to hate CreditOne but if they were helpful in your journey that is all that matters.  I've never used them as Capital 1 was my jumping point but if they work for you then thats great.

PenFed Rewards Visa Sig-$14,000 | BofA Plat Visa-$12,500 | Discover IT-$11,000 | NASA-$7,500 | WF Cash Rewards Visa-$6,800 | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig-$6,500 | Barclay Rewards MC-$6,000 | Cap1 QS Visa Sig-$5,750 | Citi DC-$5,500 | Cap1 Venture 1-$4,500 | Cap1 QS-$3,400 | Chase Freedom-$3,400 | AMEX BCE-$2,000 | Lowes-$15,000 | Home Depot-$5,000
|Current Score(2/19/2016)|| 709 EQ || 734 TU || 729 EXP ||
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice thing about credit one is no hard pull, so if you can't get a cap1 card its a good start for 9 months, then you gotta start the cancelling war with them.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have canceled them a lonnnnnnnnng time ago more like two years! I love Capital One. Matter of fact I opened my accounts at the same time Cap 1/Credit 1.,.,, my limit with Cap 1 is now $5000 and Credit 1 is still sitting at $800. That's when I realize something wasn't right and I'm now I'm glad I came to my senses!
Message 13 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Mantis350 wrote:

I guess this is definitely a case of YMMV.  MOST people seem to hate CreditOne but if they were helpful in your journey that is all that matters.  I've never used them as Capital 1 was my jumping point but if they work for you then thats great.

Well yes, but there is also an educational point.   In almost every space, you will find people happy with what they have, being unaware how things really rank with competitors.    

(OT, but my most blatent experience of this was when looking for childcare.   Everyone we met sent their child to the *best* family daycare, wherever they went.   Of course, for that type of decision there is a big emotional need to believe that you have made a great choice.  You rarely hear "Oh, I send my 3 year old to X.   It's pretty crappy and not that safe but it's cheap")

So while Credit One might have apparently helped a lot of people, it may not be the best choice anyway.   Cards from cheaper issuers (such as Cap One) might be better for those that can get them

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that you truly understand the evil that is Credit One, you have really become one of us. Welcome, MyFICO sister.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit one: annual fee every month?!

If it's every month it's not annual.

@Anonymous wrote:
Company is a rip off!!!!!!!!! Fees for this fees for that! 

Were you not aware of all this prior to applying?  Make sure you're carefully reviewing cards before you apply.

The first year the fee is one lump sum after that the annual fee is broken down into 12 payments. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you myFico Forum!  I just got my second bill for the monthly "annual" fee of $8.25 with interest.  No option to speak to a rep on the phone. Anyone have a phone number that will get me to a rep?  This was my first card after Ch7 17 months ago.  I think it's time to scrap this card, it won't change my aaoa much.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually, there is a CSR number on the card itself. Hopefully, your rebuild is going well. I know I would rather have a secured card than Credit One.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.