Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one: annual fee every month?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just canceled this card!! Company is a rip off!!!!!!!!! Fees for this fees for that! A card only to use when building credit! When you get other betters cards cancel immediately!!!!! In the shredder it goes!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one: annual fee every month?!

Congrats on ridding yourself of that parasitic plastic.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

"parasitic plastic" awesome!
Message 3 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You should patent that term, cap. It's awesome. Smiley Very Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I need to find the time and the patience to call up and cancel mine and then have my wife cancel hers. Remnants of a less responsible time... Blegh.

Message 5 of 18
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Was a good company for me, no extra hidden fees, no issues at all with them.  I read the terms of the card I was getting, everything was clearly spelled out in it.  No surprises at all.  2 unasked for CLIs in the first year.  I only cancelled because the AF was coming up again and I am getting rid of all of my AF cards.  (they wouldnt waive it) It would of been the monthly AF instead of the all at once, so they can collect interest on that 9 dollars or whatever it is and have a chance youll miss your payment.  Pretty straight forward.

Card is fine for people who can manage their credit, horrible, very bad for people who arnt ontop of it.

Congrats on getting rid of the card!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are a company that you only stay with as long as you have to. I am going to dump mine as I did last month with First Premier, Compared to FP Credit One is actually not bad. 

Message 7 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you I do keep mine open. I just call and ask them to waive the fee when it expires, I dont use it, it's just to pad utilization, as the limits are high, will close one day, when they wont waive any more monthly annual fees on it

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is a subsidiary of the Sherman Financial Group, LLC. 

http://www.debtcollectionanswers.com/Sherman-Financial-Group.html

These debt collectors maintain an impressive "F" rating with the BBB.  That is dubiously impressive.

If there is one company to avoid in the credit card world, it's this one.

Message 9 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's every month it's not annual.

@Anonymous wrote:
Company is a rip off!!!!!!!!! Fees for this fees for that! 

Were you not aware of all this prior to applying?  Make sure you're carefully reviewing cards before you apply.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.