Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit one

I actually just closed my Credit One card a few weeks ago, after having it open for way too long. When i originally called i mentioned that i wasn't going to keep paying their $99 AF via $8.25 monthly. They waived the AF for 5 months, and credited me $15 on the account.

One month after my AF came back, they billed the $8.25, But i didn't care since i had $15 credit. Before the AF was included on the card this month i called to try to get them to extend the no AF. However, they said i had no retention offers available and were very quick to close my account. I didn't have to beg, repeat myself, anything. They just said, okay we're closing the account. They didn't want to keep me anymore since i hadn't put any spend on the card in more than 6 months. They closed it immediately and sent me a check for the remaining credit on the account, and i've been logging in just to make sure i don't get hit with any more fee's after it's closed. If you want a no hassle way of closing Credit One, i think that's the way to do it. But my situation may have been different because based on the scoring model they use, they showed my Experian score at 802. They know i'm no longer their demographic and didn't want me anymore, as much as i didn't want them anymore.

|  
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyFault wrote:

I actually just closed my Credit One card a few weeks ago, after having it open for way too long. When i originally called i mentioned that i wasn't going to keep paying their $99 AF via $8.25 monthly. They waived the AF for 5 months, and credited me $15 on the account.

One month after my AF came back, they billed the $8.25, But i didn't care since i had $15 credit. Before the AF was included on the card this month i called to try to get them to extend the no AF. However, they said i had no retention offers available and were very quick to close my account. I didn't have to beg, repeat myself, anything. They just said, okay we're closing the account. They didn't want to keep me anymore since i hadn't put any spend on the card in more than 6 months. They closed it immediately and sent me a check for the remaining credit on the account, and i've been logging in just to make sure i don't get hit with any more fee's after it's closed. If you want a no hassle way of closing Credit One, i think that's the way to do it. But my situation may have been different because based on the scoring model they use, they showed my Experian score at 802. They know i'm no longer their demographic and didn't want me anymore, as much as i didn't want them anymore.

Yeah, definitely not a good fit anymore. You were too good for them.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it! I just closed my Credit One Account!

My AF was coming up and I haven't used my card since August 2019. I called and it was a super easy call (don't know if that's a good thing or not)....just got several CLI's on my "real" cards and don't really need Credit One anymore. They helped me rebuild and I thanked them for that but it was time. Besides, it doesn't fit in my new Flip-side wallet so, it had to go. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.