Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit pull

I have good credit around 700 but I have no credit on my own I'm authorized users on my mom credit cards ! what is a good bank to apply for ? because most keep dening me due no credit experience 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit pull

Capital One or Discover card.....both have pre approval sites.  Doesn't affect your credit score

https://www.discovercard.com/application/website/prequal?ICMPGN=PUB_HDR_CARDS_PQ

Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have good credit around 700 but I have no credit on my own I'm authorized users on my mom credit cards ! what is a good bank to apply for ? because most keep dening me due no credit experience 

Have you checked Discover or Capital One Pre-Qualify websites?

Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I've moved this thread to a more appropriate board to get your question more exposure, and I've removed your other thread.  If you have questions about what bureau is pulled by a particular bank you can ask it here.

--UB

Message 4 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

If Cap One and Discover have no offers. There's some good secured cards. Also, Open Sky is a good starter without HP. GL

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly try for the DISCOVER card, unsecured but if not, secured. With time, that card grows to a real card with a great limit. #1 card to attempt. 

Message 6 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

My personal pick for a FIRST credit card would be the Capital One Platinum. It more than likely won't grow for you and you'll probably end up closing it once you have better cards, but Cap One is usually fairly willing to give credit newbies a small, unsecured credit line. If that doesn't work, you may have to go the secured route. 

Good luck!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 6.5k
Message 7 of 13
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

Discover Card is great. They start you out at about $1,000 BUT with regular use, that CL will increase. If you do get this card, spend wisely and pay it off before the statement cuts. I had a Discover card since it's inception in the 80s but ran into financial difficulties and they closed my account in 2010. In 2015 I applied and they gave me a $2,000 CL. I used this card religiously for groceries and gasoline or about $1,200 a month. I paid this off every pay day which was twice a month. That first year, Discover increased my CL to $4,000! 

Fast forward to December 2019, my CL with Discover is now at $35,000 and they told me it will be increased to $40,000 by the end of March 2020!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Certainly try for the DISCOVER card, unsecured but if not, secured. With time, that card grows to a real card with a great limit. #1 card to attempt. 

+1. Excellent first card and even if it's secured, you earn all the rewards of the unsecured card. 

Message 9 of 13
donkort
Valued Contributor

My first-ever account was a loan taken from a bank which is now either defunct, or absorbed by another bank.  About 1982.  I defaulted on that loan, and my check was eventually garnished.

At least you will be smart for your first account.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.