cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCards.com

tag
jberge6

CreditCards.com

Anyone know how creditcards.com matches customers with prospective cards? What scoring model is used, CRA, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: CreditCards.com

id like to know this too.  i THINK they use experian.  i had a mess of things on only my experian that werent mine (collections) and when they fell off a whole mess of "excellent credit" cards showed up as CardMatch.  

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 24
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

to answer that question, they use transunion.

but i am here for help... someone please help... the card match service they have is telling me that i scott, based on your credit profile, we were unable to match you with credit card offers you are more likely to qualify for. what!!! can someone please help! i have very good credit, my equifax just reported 760 yesterday??? i know i have just reported a lost card... could that somehow screw this up for me???

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats weird . I dont trust that service though because they ask for your social seciruty and its not a "https://" secure page :/  

I dont recommend it, because of that. your SS# is too important.

Message 4 of 24
voidman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thats weird . I dont trust that service though because they ask for your social seciruty and its not a "https://" secure page :/  

I dont recommend it, because of that. your SS# is too important.

I just checked, the match cards page is https and so secured.

-void
Message 5 of 24
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

voidman did you have the same results? i realize it is secure

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 6 of 24
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I just did this for fun. It came up with three First Premier credit cards that I "qualify" to apply for. Haha! No, thanks! It did say that I have too many recent inquiries. I should have about three inquiries on each of my reports\ (at least one from Cap one that pulled all three reports when I applied).

Yes, I added three accounts to my portfolio recently. These were three good cards, though. Nothing like First Premier.

Message 7 of 24
voidman
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

voidman did you have the same results? i realize it is secure

This is the message I got

"we offer the following prepaid and debit cards on our website. Typically, in order to get approved for a prepaid or debit card, no credit check is performed by the issuer. Prepaid and debit cards offer you the convenience of a credit card, without the interest rates associated with credit cards. A prepaid or debit card is a good choice if you tend to overspend or would like to control your spending."

3 First Primer and bunch of prepaid cards/debit cards from companies that I do not recognise.

Last time when I checked my score was 750+

-void
Message 8 of 24
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@voidman wrote:

Last time when I checked my score was 750+

Mine is in the same range. I assume thus that their scoring model doesn't really work properly. I would not take it as an indicator as to what card you could get or not. Completely erratic it seems. I assume that someone with a perfect score of 800ish would be offered the same subpar cards if he or she had just recently applied for one or two cards and would therefore be demoted to subprime status by their scoring system.

Message 9 of 24
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

Are these hard inquiries you guys are getting just for checking?

Maybe that site has parnered with subpar companies only, thus offering that kind of results...

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.