cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne Bank CLI at 6 mos. is a nice greeting.

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

CreditOne Bank CLI at 6 mos. is a nice greeting.

A lot of people don't like CreditOne Bank, but I love they give a CLI every six months.  It's nice to log into the online account and have a window pops up offering a CLI.  I wish more companies offered CLI's like this.  Granted it costs you $19.99 to get a $100 CLI, but when your building thats nothing.  Its a good card to keep for a few years to build and then close when you get into prime accounts.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DVH1980
Contributor

Re: CreditOne Bank CLI at 6 mos. is a nice greeting.

i disliked Credit One the most out of all the sub prime cards I had. It served its purpose but CS was the worst I have experienced out of any card. Just trying to get someone on the phone was chore.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 2 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

Exactly. As I posted on another thread, you have to crawl before you can run.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

While I don't disagree with the core point: when you're building / rebuilding get ANY reporting positive tradeline on you can, I'd point out that unless you can't come up with the $99 minimum for several secured cards, that CreditOne isn't really a fantastic option anyway.  

Over the long run I think everyone would be served better by going with say Capital One secured, and just taking the fees they would've accrued with Credit One, and simply depositing them to the Cap One secured card anyway.

        
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

The thought of paying a creditor for a CLI is depressing.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

YMMV on CreditOne.

I got one last year when i was rebuilding credit and they gave me unsecured $300.00. I also opened Applied Bank as well. Since then I got BBRZMC, CAPONE, SONY CAPONE, HOUSEHOLD BANK CARD (as it turns out now I have 4 CAPONE LISTED on my credit..LOL) and also AMAZON store card, AMEX zync and Discover IT.

Applied Bank has been axed and they actually refunded me my money quickly. had a $250.00 Secured CL on there. I liked it a lot to be honest with you. 9.9% APR and No annual fee for first year...only thing is they don't report to EQ. Served it's purposed and axed.

Credit one will be axed in 10 days. Waiting for statement to cut to $0 balance (Balance last statement was $3 bucks). Not feeling like paying $12.95 monthly fee starting october and reality is while i got CLIs from everyone including CAPONE and Discover IT is for $1700 CL..I don't need $300 bucks from Credit One with APR that starts from day of purchase and monthly fee along with no rewards..

It has served it's purpose...with rest of my limits being around $4000k...won't take a hit on UTIL and the tradeline will still be there for 10 years.

Use it as a rebuilder...but once you outgrow it...axe it!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 6 of 7
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I actually like them and have no issue wit them. I started off at 200 and now have 700...It might be the one starter card i keep just for my gym fees to hit and my utility to look good. I now have graduated to other prime cards. But i liked this one. Cap1 just gave me an increase on a card i got this year but wont give me one for a card that ive had before that one

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.