Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditcards.com

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Creditcards.com

Creditcards.com does a soft pull, and then shows you cards you would be likely to be approved for.  My question is, how accurate have any of you found the website to be?  I would like to apply for a better card (best I have is Cap1 rewards with $750 limit), but don't want to take the risk and get a decline.  Any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Creditcards.com

I always wondered if anybody did this.. I feel "iffy" about giving them my social, although im sure its 100% safe.. its just me being picky lol

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 41
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

At least in my case they were very conservative or just pushing certain cards. I did it and they offered me the venture and some below average cards. The DiscoverIt, AMEX BCE, Chase Freedom, OR CSP didn't show up and I got all of those shortly after I did the creditcards.com thing. I'd take their suggestions with a grain of salt.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 41
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I been using it and nothing bad happen. Seems legit Smiley Wink

I am the same way. I had the same fear about the site.

PS: I have never applied through their recommendations though!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 41
withaspark
Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

I feel "iffy" about giving them my social, although im sure its 100% safe.

There's no need to give them your social...they can match without it...if there's no benefit/need, I sure wouldn't give it. I have used the site before and have been approved with the exact bonus terms listed every time.

Message 5 of 41
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I found the exclusive offers to be accurate in my case.  I was prequalified for 3 different AMEX cards (I apped for and got the BCP). Those were listed as "exclusive offers." Simmons Visa, and A few Cap One cards, including the Venture were also offered as additional choices.  I did not get offered First Premiere cards. The offers were also different the first couple of times I tried the site, as I DID get the FP offers (and not as many Prime) until my score went above a 700.

That being said, it is a soft pull, is not guarenteed, and there have been many that have not had the desired results. If you want to app anyway, they do offer different sign up bonuses than are available elsewhere. Since I was already going to pull the trigger on AMEX, it made sense to try it through this site.

So, YMMV, if you do it, go for one of the exclusive/ top offers, and know that there is no guarentee. If you expect it to be a real soft pull, I would think you would need to use your social.  I was nervous, too, but those nerves seem to be unfounded so far. For me it was worth getting my BCP.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 6 of 41
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

@uncommon

Me too! I don't like giving my social but I decided to do it to see where my credit is at right now. They only offered me cap one cards. Lol and I was just approved for Amex BCE, discover it, and chase freedom. Hmmm
Message 7 of 41
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I get various Amex's and Capones with FP thrown in for kicks.

Message 8 of 41
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I put my info in and all I got was 4 PRE-PAID credit cards.

I was slightly offended.
Message 9 of 41
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@RTOrockstar wrote:
I put my info in and all I got was 4 PRE-PAID credit cards.

I was slightly offended.

I feel your pain brother. I thought I would at least get offered the DiscoverIt card. Like I said I think they are ultra conservative on their reccomendations.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.