Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat

AA can and does happen across all issuers. Escalating or sudden utilization, lots of inquiries, etc can lead to it. We all know the factors.

Personally I choose not to worry about it. If it happens it happens. Plenty of lenders out there. If it happens, try and look at the reason and possibly learn something from it, and adjust your future behavior.
Message 21 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat?

None you did something or something changed in your patterns or on CR's 

Which then lead to AA

IMHO

Read my BOA post. 

You keep saying that BOA was unreasonable to close your wife's account because she called asking about a hardship program.  Maybe but have you considered that they may have information that there is a very high percentage of people that call asking about hardship programs that subsequently default on those accounts?  People don't randomly call credit card companies just to find out about their hardship programs. Something must have been a concern that led your wife to make the call and bring attention to her account.  I don't think this alone proves BoA was out of line at all.  

Message 22 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen, I completely understand where CreditGuy is coming from here -- BofA is  bit ridiculous.  After reecently undergoing AA / closure from them, I  can say their practices can seem arbitrary and abrupt, and their Risk UW are quick to pull a trigger on you if they come across your account.  A co worker of mine was shut down days after me, when he called in and asked about a APR reduction and was transferred to a UW, who put him on hold and came back and said "not only can I not approve any kind of APR Reduction, but due to 3 new high trade line accounts in 3 months, we are exercising our right to close your line effective immediately" ... his score was 730, with low overall UTIL and MEGA HIGH INCOME !!!  They seem to HATE New accounts and available credit, as they see it as potential debt.  Do I fully disagree with them?  No.    

... HOWEVER ... Corporate America (huge comapnies like BofA, Citi, Chase) banks take such advantage of the daily consumer, most of us have no idea how badly we are screwed by them in terms of FEES on our accounts, interest hikes, etc.  Many conusmers (im sure NONE here though, lol) never even look at their bills, monthly statements etc, and these banks get away with scamming consumers out of millions of $$ per year in fees, etc.  In 2015 alone, I had about $300 in fees reversed -- simpyl by calling and pointing out "odd fees that did not belong".  Thats $300 for ONE CONSUMER.  So, it will be a cold day in he** before I ever feel bad for banks like BofA getting burned by consumers -- it makes up for how they often burn us as far as im concerned (NOT That i Advocate burning banks, defaulting etc).  I'm sure many will disagree, but some will see my point -- Id feel much worse "burning" or risking AA by "risky behavior" for a local small town CU (or even a bigger CU) than a national, blood sucking bank.  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  *RANT END !  

I feel ya, CreditGuy.  And to OP -- any lender can take AA, but in my experience the worst offenders are:

1) BARCLAY (Never happened to me, though - had Apple Visa for 2 years, I closed it)

2) BofA (Enough said)

3) COMENITY

4) CHASE

5) DISCOVER

6) AMEX, more rarely

Message 23 of 92
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat?

None you did something or something changed in your patterns or on CR's 

Which then lead to AA

IMHO

Read my BOA post. 

You keep saying that BOA was unreasonable to close your wife's account because she called asking about a hardship program.  Maybe but have you considered that they may have information that there is a very high percentage of people that call asking about hardship programs that subsequently default on those accounts?  People don't randomly call credit card companies just to find out about their hardship programs. Something must have been a concern that led your wife to make the call and bring attention to her account.  I don't think this alone proves BoA was out of line at all.  

There you have it BofA got spooked due to the call

While I applaud people for making the call which is what should be done in these cases instead of ignoring the problem

The fact is the bank can't be faulted for reducing further risk while allowing the borrower a program to payoff the debt and in most cases reduce the APR on that debt 

And as we know all calls and contacts are recorded and notes taken 

So while I can understand a person in debt making the call I can't quite wrap my head around why someone without debt would randomly call on a matter that's not a joke when it's your money on the line?

This would be like someone calling the police saying I'm just curious as to what the process is on a bomb threat? 

Just wait 5 minutes and look out the window and you'll know the results and process

Thanks Irish for the cliff notes Smiley Wink

Again None you did something or something changed in your patterns or on CR's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

I am sorry folks. I'm gonna take this stance. While I agree that creditors only react to information in your reports, some creditors are more sensitive than others. That is just a fact. If it were not true and it was only about something going on with YOU, why isn't it that you are not AA'd by EVERY lender? If it was really about something in your report that was so terribly wrong and warranted an AA. Why is it that only certain lenders react, ie, BOA,Barclays? You mean to tell me that you guys(kdm,takesha,etc) really do not believe that some creditors are more sensitive than others? I'm just not buying it. Sorry Charlie.
Message 25 of 92
Involver
Valued Contributor

Whether or not one lender may have different risk critera than another is immaterial.  At the end of the day, no bank takes adverse action against a customer for anything other than behavior which they deem a risk that they are unwilling to accept.

Message 26 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Whether or not one lender may have different risk critera than another is immaterial.  At the end of the day, no bank takes adverse action against a customer for anything other than behavior which they deem a risk that they are unwilling to accept.

My point. Some lenders risk levels is set lower than others. They are all not created equal. The exact same behaviour does not trigger reaction from every lender.

Message 27 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife had a CLD on her Lowes card a couple years ago. I wish I could remember the lines but it was out of nowhere. My Lowes has never done it but hers did.
Message 28 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

A thinner file could possibly explain it.
Message 29 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Involver wrote:

My point. Some lenders risk levels is set lower than others. They are all not created equal. The exact same behaviour does not trigger reaction from every lender.

+100

Message 30 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.