Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Creditors that will CLD you at the drop of a hat

@baller4life wrote:
I am sorry folks. I'm gonna take this stance. While I agree that creditors only react to information in your reports, some creditors are more sensitive than others. That is just a fact. If it were not true and it was only about something going on with YOU, why isn't it that you are not AA'd by EVERY lender? If it was really about something in your report that was so terribly wrong and warranted an AA. Why is it that only certain lenders react, ie, BOA,Barclays? You mean to tell me that you guys(kdm,takesha,etc) really do not believe that some creditors are more sensitive than others? I'm just not buying it. Sorry Charlie.

Some lenders are more sensitive I totally agree Baller

Weather or not the lenders in question policy is due to high default and are less lenient due to past performance issues  IDK  Could be 

We do know BofA was the hardest hit during the downturn did that lead to the change ....could be 

Barclay who knows maybe just there business model Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 31 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks MJ. That's all I'm saying. Their sensitive/risk levels are definitely different. Which is why there tends to be a higher number of AA threads from Barclays and BOA. And yes, before they chime in, I do know AA can come from all lenders lol.
Message 32 of 92
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Very interesting thread!!!!

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 33 of 92
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Some banks are definitely more sensitive but I think it's best to arm yourself with knowledge on what causes AA and simply avoid the behaviors regardless of the issuers.
Message 34 of 92
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Thanks MJ. That's all I'm saying. Their sensitive/risk levels are definitely different. Which is why there tends to be a higher number of AA threads from Barclays and BOA. And yes, before they chime in, I do know AA can come from all lenders lol.

And on that note Lol

Weather they're sensitive or not the fact remains you did something to cause them to first look and secondly to act

No one and I mean no one can show me a case and be willing to truthfully answer and let me dissect it to the bear bones and say I did nothing to be AA/CLD 

It didn't happen they just didn't pick you out of names in a hat and say we have a winner the odds are the same with the lottery and you haven't won that yet either ROFLOL

What? I'm just sayinSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 35 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha MJ. You are hilarious. Smiley Tongue
Message 36 of 92
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Banks do AA we all that, sometimes for valid reasons sometimes maybe for questionable reasons and yes some banks are more sensitive i.e. Barclays, some are just weird and have no rhyme or reason i.e. Comenity and then you have banks that could practically care less what you do i.e. Capital one. But the reality is they have a right to do as they please when they see fit, it's their money being lent so they call the shots. Diversify your portfolio and have the serenity to accept the things you can not control and you'll be fine, It's just a credit card and life's too short IMO.
Message 37 of 92
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I hardly claim to be the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to lenders risk adverse practices, which sometimes change to meet certain internal criteria, but the topic title of this thread seems to fit Barclays most IMO.

Maybe it really is because they are a british borne faction and they just don't have the same stomach that our big dogs do. Smiley LOL

But looks to me like their credit card function is an area of their financial institution where they just have a very small window of error and when anyone crosses that threshold they're not designed to make provisions for any given period of time but will come swooping down in an instant.

Of course the same can apply for any lender generally. but the differences and comparisons are very overwhelming to the favor/disfavor of barclays IMO. 

So yeah, while others initiate their own respective thresholds, this one is far more visible and for better or worse that's just who and what they are.

I chose to have a Barclaycard myself, yet given their predictable habits of low start lines and severe often times seemingly unreasonable interrogation or scrutiny i don't frequent anywhere near the use as i do in favor of their competitors for that very reason.

A cardholder also needs some level of confidence in the card product's company or they will turn to someone else who will provide that degree of trust.

It's not a one way street. It works both ways.

Message 38 of 92
Involver
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Whether or not one lender may have different risk critera than another is immaterial.  At the end of the day, no bank takes adverse action against a customer for anything other than behavior which they deem a risk that they are unwilling to accept.

My point. Some lenders risk levels is set lower than others. They are all not created equal. The exact same behaviour does not trigger reaction from every lender.

Well obviously this is the case, however I am simply reiterating the point that lenders don't take AA just for random reasons, as some people are very convinced that they do.

I cannot speak to the original question as I have never been subject to AA from any lender.

Message 39 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I hardly claim to be the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to lenders risk adverse practices, which sometimes change to meet certain internal criteria, but the topic title of this thread seems to fit Barclays most IMO.

Maybe it really is because they are a british borne faction and they just don't have the same stomach that our big dogs do. Smiley LOL

But looks to me like their credit card function is an area of their financial institution where they just have a very small window of error and when anyone crosses that threshold they're not designed to make provisions for any given period of time but will come swooping down in an instant.

Of course the same can apply for any lender generally. but the differences and comparisons are very overwhelming to the favor/disfavor of barclays IMO. 

So yeah, while others initiate their own respective thresholds, this one is far more visible and for better or worse that's just who and what they are.

I chose to have a Barclaycard myself, yet given their predictable habits of low start lines and severe often times seemingly unreasonable interrogation or scrutiny i don't frequent anywhere near the use as i do in favor of their competitors for that very reason.

A cardholder also needs some level of confidence in the card product's company or they will turn to someone else who will provide that degree of trust.

It's not a one way street. It works both ways.

Very well said Magic!

Message 40 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.