Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crooks Are Trying to Steal Your Credit

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Crooks Are Trying to Steal Your Credit

I just received an email what looks to be from Bank Of America.  But the name listed as the sender got me suspicious.   The email indicated a new statement is available for my account.  I haven't used my BOA AMEX card since  the product change months ago!!  The crooks are trying to steal my $7,000 credit line!!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: Crooks Are Trying to Steal Your Credit

Forward a copy to abuse@bankofamerica.com. It helps get the ball rolling quicker for BofA to shut these guys down.

Message 2 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

Forward a copy to abuse@bankofamerica.com. It helps get the ball rolling quicker for BofA to shut these guys down.

I'll have to do that next time.  I checked the email from my phone and deleted it immediately. 

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should still be in your deleted folder...

Message 4 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should still be in your deleted folder...

I always empty it immediately too. 

Message 5 of 37
john398
Senior Contributor

Luckily even if they did steal it you probably would not be liable...but true better safe than sorry and never click on a link from an email

Message 6 of 37
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Your only liable for 50 bucks, but it would still be a pain in the butt and if happens a lot they might take some actions you didnt like. 

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a good thing those lowlifes don't know how to spell or construct a sentence correctly.  They go to the trouble of copying the logo of a bank and all only to write "You must should verify you accounting number by replying hurry to these e-mail."

Message 8 of 37
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I got one from chase the other day stating they needed to verify  my info blah blah blah problem is I dont have a chase account

pixel.gif

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 9 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

I wonder if the email I received last week is related to BOA's website outage. 

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.