Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jeweler

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Crown Jeweler

Does anyone know how long it will take for CJ to report to EX and TU?  I finally activated the account by buying something.  I already received my item so I am interested in when I should expect it to chow.

Thanks! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crown Jeweler

I ordered something April 28 but it didn't actually ship until May 6.  As of today I still haven't received a bill and my account status online still shows a 0 balance and $2500 available credit.  I sent Crown Jewelers an email asking about it, and their reply was:

Crown Jewelers reports accounts to major credit bureaus, at the same time, once a month.  It can take up to 90 days before your current data appears on credit reports.

Please note that, we DO NOT  report accounts that have not been activated with a purchase or have been inactive for more than six months to the credit bureaus.
Statements are mailed and updated on line in the first week of every month and payments are due on or before the last day of the month.
If you have questions please feel free to write us back.
Thank you.
www.CrownJewelers.comIf you have any questions, please feel free to write us back.
Message 2 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered something April 28 but it didn't actually ship until May 6.  As of today I still haven't received a bill and my account status online still shows a 0 balance and $2500 available credit.  I sent Crown Jewelers an email asking about it, and their reply was:

Crown Jewelers reports accounts to major credit bureaus, at the same time, once a month.  It can take up to 90 days before your current data appears on credit reports.

Please note that, we DO NOT  report accounts that have not been activated with a purchase or have been inactive for more than six months to the credit bureaus.
I havent bought anything since around November and they still have my same 2500 CL and they are still reporting monthly! So that is not entirely true on their behalf!

Statements are mailed and updated on line in the first week of every month and payments are due on or before the last day of the month.
If you have questions please feel free to write us back.
Thank you.
www.CrownJewelers.comIf you have any questions, please feel free to write us back.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you apply for this card?  You're scores are on the low end and was just curious...

800FICOwannabe

06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dont pull any credit reports when you apply.  They give you a credit limit based on your income.  After you buy something they start reporting to TU and EX as a revolving credit account.  Most people get the $2500 limit I believe.
Message 5 of 8
jdsays
Contributor

Do they ask for a down payment?

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to pay a downpayment somewhere around 40 and 50% of the item being purchased.  They have alot of cheap stuff though if your looking just to add a tradeline to your credit reports.  I think they waive the downpayment after you make $500 in purchases, but I doubt I will ever get to that point.  I'll just buy some cheap stuff to keep the tradeline, as my credit reports are thin on tradelines.
Message 7 of 8
jdsays
Contributor

I see....not a bad deal if they arent pulling your reports...no inquiries!   Unfortunately for me Im not into jewelery...probably the only girl on Earth!

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.