Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Ball

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Crystal Ball

Which bank will launch this year's US Bank Cash + card? Whoever guesses right will win coveted MYfico bragging rights! (not sanctioned by myfico of course)

My guess is...

5/3 bank. Step right on up and offer your predictions!!!
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Crystal Ball

why did you quote yourself? 

what is 5/3 bank? 

but anyways i think citi or chase. more chase should launch a similar card. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I put this post in 2 forums.  Fifth Third bank.

Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Message 3 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

And reversing the crystal ball, what was the one before Cash Plus?  For me, it was Amex BCP, but not sure if others agree.

Message 4 of 13
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I think I would vote for the BCP as well.

Message 5 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 6 of 13
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't think 5/3 would be in the running for a card of the year as they're not that heavily in the CC business.  I'd go more with Chase or Citi as well.  One bank that can really use a kick in the pants in the CC business is Wells Fargo.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 13
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Barclays.

They're well-established in the U.K., but a relative newcomer to the U.S. CC scene. Apart from the recently revamped Priceline Visa (whose popularity doesn't extend very far beyond these boards, I think), their CCs generally target a very specific audience. I predict that in 2013 they'll come out with a very competitive everyday use card to rival some other widely-used cards like the Freedom, More/It, BofA 1-2-3, BCE etc.

EDIT #1: My second guess would be Target/whoever acquired Target's CC portofolio. Right now the debit card and credit card versions of the Target RedCard are virtually indistinguishable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made some substantial changes to the rewards/rewards structure of the CC to entice people to apply.

EDIT #2: On another thread, someone reported hearing from a CSR that there a big changes under way for the Citi Dividend, which could shoot it to the top of the rotating 5% category group, where it is currently considered bottom of the barrel.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 8 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Barclays.

They're well-established in the U.K., but a relative newcomer to the U.S. CC scene. Apart from the recently revamped Priceline Visa (whose popularity doesn't extend very far beyond these boards, I think), their CCs generally target a very specific audience. I predict that in 2013 they'll come out with a very competitive everyday use card to rival some other widely-used cards like the Freedom, More/It, BofA 1-2-3, BCE etc.

EDIT #1: My second guess would be Target/whoever acquired Target's CC portofolio. Right now the debit card and credit card versions of the Target RedCard are virtually indistinguishable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made some substantial changes to the rewards/rewards structure of the CC to entice people to apply.

EDIT #2: On another thread, someone reported hearing from a CSR that there a big changes under way for the Citi Dividend, which could shoot it to the top of the rotating 5% category group, where it is currently considered bottom of the barrel.

Barclays have some wonderfully complex cards in the UK.  Here is one of my favourite.  Lots of opportuity to plan big purchases so you have no more than 5 in each month if possible, and then planning to have big ones on the anniversary date....

Earn 2% cashback on your top five monthly purchases and 0.5% on everything else. All you need to do is use your card 15 times each month for the 2% booster to kick in (conditions apply).

Enjoy a 6% welcome bonus on your five biggest monthly purchases. You can earn up to £120 cashback on these during your first three months (conditions apply).

Each year you'll get a 4% thank you bonus on your top five purchases in the month after your card anniversary, no matter how much you spend.

Once approved, you’ll be given your card details instantly, which means you can shop online straight away. Why not have a look at our short demo to see how it works.

Your card will be sent in the post in the usual way, view our FAQs.

You get all of this for just a £24 annual fee, which you can easily earn back by simply using your card wherever you spend.

Message 9 of 13
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:
Barclays have some wonderfully complex cards in the UK.  Here is one of my favourite.  Lots of opportuity to plan big purchases so you have no more than 5 in each month if possible, and then planning to have big ones on the anniversary date....

Earn 2% cashback on your top five monthly purchases and 0.5% on everything else. All you need to do is use your card 15 times each month for the 2% booster to kick in (conditions apply).

Enjoy a 6% welcome bonus on your five biggest monthly purchases. You can earn up to £120 cashback on these during your first three months (conditions apply).

Each year you'll get a 4% thank you bonus on your top five purchases in the month after your card anniversary, no matter how much you spend.

Once approved, you’ll be given your card details instantly, which means you can shop online straight away. Why not have a look at our short demo to see how it works.

Your card will be sent in the post in the usual way, view our FAQs.

You get all of this for just a £24 annual fee, which you can easily earn back by simply using your card wherever you spend.

Oh wow that is terribly specific. I think this would drive the compulsive planner in me a little crazy. Even when I didn't have any big purchases to make, I can see myself trying to predict which purchases will be highest each month and shift spending from my other cards and then look to a months ahead to my anniversary...I think I would be all right if this one didn't make the trip across the pond haha.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.