Mega Contributor

Re: Curious about Barclays "Prime" designation by some

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

th_watchdrama8jm.gif

MVV is just sitting back watching the show, waiting to end it, if neededSmiley Happy

Hey I did try to get this thread back on trackSmiley Wink

+1 for both! :-)  Thanks MVV... some of us can play nice as adults, but you still get an interesting show ;-)  Keep your finger on that red button just in case! Smiley Very Happy

I only played like you did. Don't like it do you?? Treat others with respect and you'll get it back. Smiley Wink

MVV, is there a way to block a spicific forum member?  I don't care if they reply, but they are simply intentionally trying to be an idiot and I'd rather just not see the messages, if possible.  I've obviously tried to let this thread go on to useful topics but someone isn't able to play nice with others.  Any suggestions?

I already asked, specifically for you, and no, there isn't a way. I play nice with everyone. I just gave you a dose of your own medicine and it's apparent you don't like it. Niether do I. Case closed. Leave it at that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 41 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you keep talking?  are you 12? *Edited*, move on... This is a public forum talking about credit cards and offering advice on past experiences with credit... your mommy issues have no place here.  Let it go.

edit: not a comment on the content of your post, but a request to leave various deities out of this. Thank you.

Message 42 of 71
GB44
Contributor

Jausanka,

Thanks for making this post!

Originally, I was going to come out of the garden to app for the Apple card being that my computer needs an upgrade. The only use that I would have for the card is taking advantage of the 12 month 0% offer. In my opinion, it's not a card that will grow with me or one that I'm going to use on a regular basis.

I decided to use the Bill me Later 6 months 0% offer. This seemed to be a better option as my utilization won't be impacted.

I think Barclay's Apple card has its niche in the market, but it's not for me.

Message 43 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GB44 wrote:

Jausanka,

Originally, I was going to come out of the garden to app for the Apple card being that my computer needs an upgrade. The only use that I would have for the card is taking advantage of the 12 month 0% offer. In my opinion, it's not a card that will grow with me or one that I'm going to use on a regular basis.

I decided to use the Bill me Later 6 months 0% offer. This seemed to be a better option as my utilization won't be impacted.

Hpw does that work??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 44 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@GB44 wrote:

Jausanka,

Hpw does that work??

My pleasure... I know there are a lot of people out there curious about the Apple card specifically.... I was also curious about bill-me-later, as I saw that they may now have revolving lines that would be of interest rather than a one-off transaction (but I didn't mention it here because I was hoping for a product change for Barclays)... Any additional info?

Message 45 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@GB44 wrote:

Jausanka,

Hpw does that work??

My pleasure... I know there are a lot of people out there curious about the Apple card specifically.... I was also curious about bill-me-later, as I saw that they may now have revolving lines that would be of interest rather than a one-off transaction (but I didn't mention it here because I was hoping for a product change for Barclays)... Any additional info?

What exactly is Bill me later?? A CC??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 46 of 71
GB44
Contributor

I'm not really clear on all the details yet as I did it yesterday during checkout at the apple store online. However, it looks like it's a regular revolving account with a credit line. From indicators on this forum, the TL is not reported to the credit bureau unless the payments aren't made as agreed. Only benefit of the account is that there is no impact to the credit report. They did do a HP initially, but after I called them they agreed to remove.

Message 47 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GB44 wrote:

I'm not really clear on all the details yet as I did it yesterday during checkout at the apple store online. However, it looks like it's a regular revolving account with a credit line. From indicators on this forum, the TL is not reported to the credit bureau unless the payments aren't made as agreed. Only benefit of the account is that there is no impact to the credit report. They did do a HP initially, but after I called them they agreed to remove.

I guess that can help people who don't want it reporting (AAoA reasons). Sounds interesting.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 48 of 71
john398
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Does Barclay's have a android app??

No just an apple app and also you cant use mint with barclays Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 71
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I tend to think "prime" is very subjective. It more or less depends upon where one is in the credit journey. I've read excited posts about Amex Zinc approvals for $500 PSL and auto-pay. A $500 CL wouldn't feel prime but it's still a foot in the door with Amex.:

Basically, any card that grows with me is prime. That being said, I really only judge a card by it's utility, function, and how well it fits into my needs and spending habits. I have 6 cards that are pretty good.

Prime isn't important to me as a concept. CC companies are selling feelings, I ain't buying.

If they put actual hooters on Hooters cards, I'll take one regardless of limit. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.