cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Amex cardholders not elligible for Delta Skymiles 30,000 welcome bonus?

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Current Amex cardholders not elligible for Delta Skymiles 30,000 welcome bonus?

I currently have a BCE, if I closed it before I applied for the Delta Skymiles cared, would I be elligible for the bonus?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Current Amex cardholders not elligible for Delta Skymiles 30,000 welcome bonus?

Yes you will be. Those are two different products.

Message 2 of 9
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Current Amex cardholders not elligible for Delta Skymiles 30,000 welcome bonus?

I do believe the fine print of the sign-up bonus mentions that it is only for new AMEX customers, or previous customers that have not held an open account for at least 12 months.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@yellowcake wrote:

I currently have a BCE, if I closed it before I applied for the Delta Skymiles cared, would I be elligible for the bonus?

You would not need to close the BCE.  The signup bonus could be voided if you are current Blue cardmember.  

I wouldn't close your BCE until after you were approved for the Delta. 

Message 4 of 9
Brax
Frequent Contributor

No need to close the BCE.

All you need is to be logged out of Amex's website to get the bonus offer when applying online.

In practice, the signup bonus only doesn't apply if you've held the identical Delta Amex in the last 12 months.

Message 5 of 9
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Agreed. I have both and I still received my Delta bonus even though I apped for it after my BCE.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 6 of 9
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

I received the bonus even though I had the BCE.

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Brax wrote:

No need to close the BCE.

All you need is to be logged out of Amex's website to get the bonus offer when applying online.

In practice, the signup bonus only doesn't apply if you've held the identical Delta Amex in the last 12 months.

+1

Message 8 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I called Amex about this question.  They said as long as I had not had an open Delta card in the last 12 months I would be OK.  And I was - card is due to arrive tomorrow

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.