Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Duplicate Citi Premier Cards?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Cut Duplicate Citi Premier Cards?

We have two Citi Premier cards in the family.  I'm not an expert of the Citi TY reward.  But I recall that the TY points can be freely transfer to family members or even any TY accounts.  

If this is true, then there is no need to have more than one TY Premier card.  We only use the Premier card to transfer to travel partners.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cut Duplicate Citi Premier Cards?

You can share points but they will expire 90 days after sharing so you do need to have a somewhat immediate use for them.
Message 2 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
You can share points but they will expire 90 days after sharing so you do need to have a somewhat immediate use for them.

Yes.  I'll only share the TY points if I have immediate plan to transfer to partners.

Just do not want to keep more than one Premier card.  The same with Chase CSR/CSP or CIP card.  One is enough for UR transfer.

Message 3 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

The thread title led me to expect it was about bonus chasing...one person opening a 2nd Premier before closing the 1st.

Or, in this case, opening a 3rd, getting a bonus, then closing two. I think that's still allowed, and would be a good source of extra TYs if you're eligible.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

The thread title led me to expect it was about bonus chasing...one person opening a 2nd Premier before closing the 1st.

Or, in this case, opening a 3rd, getting a bonus, then closing two. I think that's still allowed, and would be a good source of extra TYs if you're eligible.

Not bonus chasing.  Both family members have the Permier cards, but they are not daily drivers.  So we only need one to transfer to travel partners, as I'm thinking.  I'm just not sure since I do not use TY often.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.