Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut up V1, Kohl's, and AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cut up V1, Kohl's, and AA

@icyhot wrote:
Sheesh! Has that given you any problems with your creditors at all? I currently have about 15 accounts that were opened and then closed within the last year, I know my profile looks ridiculous

My only problem is running into exposure limits (BoA, Barclaycard). I limit my inquiries per year per bureau and set cycles on certain cards. It has gotten a lot harder to churn bonuses over the last 18 months unfortunately and this has slowed my applications significantly to just 8 last year.

Message 11 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

My main focus is to pay down my balances and get decent CLIs on my cards I use. For example, I want to have:
6000 on CSP
6000 on BofA
10000 on BofA (after consolidating)
2000 on Forward
5000 on AAdvantage
3000 on both Amexes
3000 on Macy's

These are all pretty much in decent reach, but I think it would be best to limit my exposure to cards I'm actually using so they'll give me bigger limits
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 12 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

******10000 on Venture
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not the biggest kohls fan, but they do offer extra percents off if its put on the kohl's card vs anything else. Sometimes you can search down a code combo that works, but using the kohls at checkout is automatic. It still saves more into pocket than current chase  freedom 5x UR points for example. Your call.

Message 14 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Oh I know everything about Kohl's. I worked there for a year. Their discounts aren't that great because they raise the prices of everything when the sales come out. And they're slowly but surely adding more and more products that aren't applicable to discounts. And the clothes are horrible quality. Lol I'm good on them

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading this thread makes me contemplate on closing a few accounts I don't use. They are less than 12 months old, but I don't really use them anymore.

Message 16 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Kohl's charge is kinda unecessary IMO anyway, their Yes to You rewards program is free with no HP and offers plenty of discounts on its own. 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree.

I only got one because I shop there for my clothes and wanted a card because my card profile was very slim. I still use it once in a while.

Message 18 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree.

I only got one because I shop there for my clothes and wanted a card because my card profile was very slim. I still use it once in a while.

I thought about getting it in the past, but then when they came out with Yes to You, I signed up for that and I get emails practically every day with discounts so decided I don't need the credit card

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe years prior they had deals while using card. Sometimes, I believe they still do. Like the scratch cards that give an extra 10-20% off while using your card on purchases. Almost like the kohls cash you get back when shopping. Only thing I dislike about it, is that you have 10 days to spend the kohls cash. But I understand the reason.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.