Re: Cutting party!

You are right, sounds kinda snarky

Message 11 of 17
scoobieky
Valued Member

I'll be joining this cutting party very soon bye bye crap 1

Starting Score: EQmyFico 669
Current Score: EQ674 WallyTU 680 NFCU TU 670 came with the card I was approved for
Goal Score: 700

In garden until April 2014

Message 12 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Why are you cutting your husbands cards? weird. Seems like I am missing something, they were his; how did they help both of you? were you an AU? weird, how come you cannot just set them aside? why cut them? you did not close the accounts? weird. If my wife cut my cards I would be like why did you do that? I was going to buy that new shiny kegerator for your birhtday, that is crazy. Please put the scissors down, I would rather my wife pickup laundry, clean the cat box, take out the trash or make me a samwich before she thought of cutting up my credit cards, but hey that is just me.\

Sarcasm?  I hope so!   Back on subject!

They also make great bullseyes targets at the rifle range!   Just so you know!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 17
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...Please put the scissors down, I would rather my wife pickup laundry, clean the cat box, take out the trash or make me a samwich before she thought of cutting up my credit cards, but hey that is just me.\

did you really just write that? 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 14 of 17
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Please put the scissors down, I would rather my wife pickup laundry, clean the cat box, take out the trash or make me a samwich before she thought of cutting up my credit cards, but hey that is just me.\

I smell troll! Smiley Very Happy

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I smell troll! Smiley Very Happy

+1!

Message 16 of 17
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

[BACK ON SUBJECT]

That's great that you're cutting these up, you're one step closer to ridding yourself of these all together. I'll spare the "these cards serve a purpose..." stuff, I know they do. But they make you pay for that privilege. About 3 months ago I CLOSED all of my builder card accounts. Among them, Orchard, Chevron card, and a Chase card that wasn't going anywhere. Total about $2k in CL. Among these were the oldest in my AAoA, so I took a little bit of a hit, albeit -4 points. But this was after I achieved full primeville, including Freedom and 3 Amex cards and Discover. I have felt great about myself ever since!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.