Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Power VISA

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: DC Power VISA

In all fairness, it's unlikely that most people in the general public who want the card are going to have an issue. UMB just isn't a great bank if (like most here) you've been seeking credit. It doesn't make them a bad issuer. Just conservative.

Outside of the card designs, the rewards seem pretty paltry (and redemption is in increments and not user friendly), and almost everyone here has better cards for the categories offered. I understand being upset about being denied but this card seems like nothing special beyond the card art.

Message 171 of 382
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Anyone get letters from UMB??  @credit_is_crack @Anonymous @AverageJoesCredit 

Just got a weird letter in the mail, stating basically they are processing the application and Ill have a response in the next few days... Of course I already know the response because I called in, and lady told me denied. States I have received this letter as a precaution against identify theft..lol.

Message 172 of 382
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Anyone get letters from UMB??  @credit_is_crack @Anonymous @AverageJoesCredit 

Just got a weird letter in the mail, stating basically they are processing the application and Ill have a response in the next few days... Of course I already know the response because I called in, and lady told me denied. States I have received this letter as a precaution against identify theft..lol.

I got the same one yesterday. "just letting you know we know you applied" lol it was denied the same day the letter printed so surprised they didn't just send the denial notice itself. Haven't received anything else from them

Message 173 of 382
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Got my denial letter from UMB today.......only pulled ARS, no other CRA listed on the letter. Denied solely for..." Excessive Credit Bureau Inquires". Lame..true, but lame, lol.

So they just pull ARS and no other CRA? Weird. I thought my ARS was frozen, but I guess Ill be calling them now for a report and to freeze.

@credit_is_crack @Anonymous @AverageJoesCredit 

Message 174 of 382
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Got my denial letter from UMB today.......only pulled ARS, no other CRA listed on the letter. Denied solely for..." Excessive Credit Bureau Inquires". Lame..true, but lame, lol.

So they just pull ARS and no other CRA? Weird. I thought my ARS was frozen, but I guess Ill be calling them now for a report and to freeze.

@pizza1 - I got mine as well but it said "excessive newly-opened accounts", nothing about inquiries. Mine specifically listed TU and nothing else. Does it specificaly say ARS (or its full name) on the letter?

Message 175 of 382
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 - I got mine as well but it said "excessive newly-opened accounts", nothing about inquiries. Mine specifically listed TU and nothing else. Does it specificaly say ARS (or its full name) on the letter?

@credit_is_crack , Well, its basicaly a magician act...they just put their hand in their hat and pull whatever out, LOL.. Ive seen NO approvals on any other sites..none.LOL

Message 176 of 382
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 @credit_is_crack 

Same..  My denial letter has TU and excessive newly opened accounts on it.  No one will ever have this card, i'm wondering if they have even issued one TBH.  

Message 177 of 382
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What a bummer and a tease. Sorry pizza Smiley Sad

Im not upset by this in the least bit.  I literally threw out the app for kicks, but thanksSmiley Happy

You take rejection better than I do. 😂 

Rejection doesn't faze me..Life is full of rejection, and I always see rejection as their loss, not mine. PLus when you have 60 inq on TU, thats a death sentence in apps, LOL Smiley Happy

Yeah I guess if I had 60 I would be used to rejection lol. I have 34 across all 3. I couldn't imagine 60 on one. Smiley Surprised

I can..   I've had that before when i was first starting out and didnt realize how fast they could add up.   Plus car shopping 2 different months got me good too.   Those are all gone at the end of this year tho. 

Message 178 of 382
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Just applied for the batman card and got that they're reviewing my app. CK told me they pulled TU. 

I guess it's a denial lol

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 179 of 382
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

@MrCreditInternational wrote:

Just applied for the batman card and got that they're reviewing my app. CK told me they pulled TU. 

I guess it's a denial lol

I was right. Just called and they confirmed the denial Smiley Happy

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 180 of 382
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.