Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Power VISA

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: DC Power VISA

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Going to eat some popcorn and watch a few apps for this today from our big hitters today going for it and digest their results being instants or reviews and SL's, etc.. All my scores are around 800 and TU only has 3 inquiries in last 12 months which they then to use.  If dp's are favorable who knows.  Some cards I simply don't care about rewards with as I have every imaginable reward card available pretty much.  I think since this is sticking out on the CC forum today their will be some apps from as mentioned the people that collect cards.  @coldfusion  @FinStar  @credit_is_crack  @woodyman100 @Mahraja to come on out and of course yourself to show us what the outcome is Smiley Happy.  This semi hard hitter being me will sit on the sidelines till I see a few DP's Smiley Happy

Smiley LOLSmiley Very Happy @CreditCuriosity! Thanks @Saeren and @Morpho for sharing. I didn't even know this one existed. Yea the rewards are so-so, but I'm a sucker for a nice looking card and am pretty much set with my rewards setup Smiley Very Happy 

I actually don't have any products with UMB. I'm aware of their 3% Legacy card but I'm out of their area. I've been approved for a Macys Amex (last night), Bonvoy Brilliant, BofA Premium Rewards and Discover all in the last 20 days? Discover has posted so I'm not looking too thirsty, yet, but I wouldn't mind taking a stab at nabbing up one of these

You're right about Marvel having a one-up here with rewards, but DC does have some solid classics. Who's jumping in the pool? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.03.31 AM.png   Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.03.20 AM.png  Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.03.09 AM.png  Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.02.59 AM.png

Message 11 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wish they would do a Discover and let us have multiple designsSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 382
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I wish they would do a Discover and let us have multiple designsSmiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit, which design did you go with? Has anyone posted any approvals about this card yet?

Message 13 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey crackmanSmiley Happy i applied this morning for Superman but got we'll be in touch message so no clue if its denial or need verification due to fraud alerts on my TU. If i get it its permanent in my wallet lol i dont care if i get $500 limit!
Message 14 of 382
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I really hope they were smart enough not to manually review all the apps or they are in for a world of hate or this card will never take off if they are as conservative as their other cards.  Probably have an agreement with UMB to take a certain risk level being CO's accounts, etc for more lenient UW, we shall see.  Just waiting for one instant then i might jump lol.  Regret giving up my Marvel Card, but what is done is done and might get it again in a few months..

Message 15 of 382
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I really hope they were smart enough not to manually review all the apps or they are in for a world of hate or this card will never take off if they are as conservative as their other cards.  Probably have an agreement with UMB to take a certain risk level being CO's accounts, etc for more lenient UW, we shall see.  Just waiting for one instant then i might jump lol.  Regret giving up my Marvel Card, but what is done is done and might get it again in a few months..

The Marvel is more generous with what is considered "entertainment" from what I can tell, and just does automatic statement credits. This card seems to have a more clunky redemption system as you can only do statement credits in certain intervals, which ensures you leave rewards on the table pretty much always.

Nonetheless, I know some just want it for the cool factor, and that's ok too!

Message 16 of 382
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Hey crackmanSmiley Happy i applied this morning for Superman but got we'll be in touch message so no clue if its denial or need verification due to fraud alerts on my TU. If i get it its permanent in my wallet lol i dont care if i get $500 limit!

K I applied and no instant approval for me. They pulled TU, just got the alert from CK. Went for the Superman card - we'll see what kind of cool-aid they're serving at UMB Smiley LOL I've heard traditionally UMB is reserved, but with it being a new release and DC focused they may loosen up a bit, or it'll be the exact same as UMB and would fully expect a denial for the high activity. 

Would be a solid trophy card. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.46.31 AM.png

Message 17 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats my boy @Credit_-is_crack Smiley Happy Good luckSmiley Happy. Trophy card indeed!
Message 18 of 382
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:

K I applied and no instant approval for me. They pulled TU, just got the alert from CK. Went for the Superman card - we'll see what kind of cool-aid they're serving at UMB Smiley LOL I've heard traditionally UMB is reserved, but with it being a new release and DC focused they may loosen up a bit, or it'll be the exact same as UMB and would fully expect a denial for the high activity. 

Would be a solid trophy card. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.46.31 AM.png

They have to loosen up from their other cards or DC will be very unhappy with picking them as a lender.. Looks like probably no instant approvals as your profile is very strong..  Silly that everything would go to manual UW if that is the case.  They are going to get WAY backed up.  Be interesting to see how this all plays out.  As stated just a cool factor card as rewards are meh.. Kinda like Disney card from chase, etc.

Message 19 of 382
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thats my boy @Anonymous-is-crack Smiley Happy Good luckSmiley Happy. Trophy card indeed!

Of course I have no patience so I called the number. The number on the banner is the main customer care number and essentially prompts you to enter your 16 digit card number or press 3 for lost/stolen. I didn't hit anything and after it repeated itself 3 times it transferred me to an agent.

When she came on she asked me to verify my name and last 4 of my card number so my phone number must have launched something in her system. She dug in a bit further (never asked DOB or SSN) and said it shows pending. She said she would transfer me to UW but they are not back in until Monday (8a-5p CST). Maybe they are doing full manual reviews on this one too -- this is what I get for applying on a Sunday Smiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 382
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.