Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU 0% balance transfer until July offer

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

DCU 0% balance transfer until July offer

I have a DCU Visa and online they have an offer for 0% balance transfer with no fees for the month of January.  Anyone know if I could put my Bank Of America Debit card information into the external credit card details section and have them send me the money to my checking account and then pay off the bills i need to pay off that way?  I just don't know what bank address to put into their form.  Should I use my address of the address of my local branch?

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: DCU 0% balance transfer until July offer

I've never used a debit card before to do that, but when I did a BT onto my BoA card, I just filled out the information with the issuer, address of the issuer and the account number and the BTs went through just fine. I'd assume DCU's process would be similar. I'd go ahead and call them to be sure. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Unless DCU mailed you BT checks, you'll probably have to just enter the address info on a payment stub. Which might not make it possible to transfer funds to your bank acct.

Bummed they didnt approve me, I would have been all over this offer.
Message 3 of 4
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Unless DCU mailed you BT checks, you'll probably have to just enter the address info on a payment stub. Which might not make it possible to transfer funds to your bank acct.

Bummed they didnt approve me, I would have been all over this offer.

You have so many other great cards though.  Smiley Happy  

I didn't get any checks for this offer.  Just noticed it was online, so I don't know if it applies to everyone or just new accounts.  I'm going to call them Monday and see if I'm eligible for it.  I'm also taking advantage of their spend $500 in nov, dec, jan to get $100 back. Smiley Happy 

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.