tag
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU Pending

Congrats my friend!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 21 of 57
olderwiser3
Established Member

I applied online and got the message that someone would call.  They called the next morning to ask a few question about my history and approved me for $5k.  I live relatively near a branch so went in to do the membership application after my printer had issues printing the app.  Took about a half hour, but I walked out with the CC and debit card.  Some of their branches I was told have the ability to do it in-house.  Pretty smooth process.  So far, I'm pretty happy and the folks in the branch were great to deal with.  They do seem very cautious about identity.  So I suspect that if you're doing it by mail you'll have to jump through more hoops though.  If you can do it at a branch, I highly recommend it.

Message 22 of 57
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Very nice! Well that gives me some hope. Even though your ficos are much higher than mine! lol

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 23 of 57
eviLution
Established Contributor

@rightcoast wrote:

Very nice! Well that gives me some hope. Even though your ficos are much higher than mine! lol

I was approved with a low limit because I had a thin file with no score and I had about 3 inquiries on EQ at the time.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 24 of 57
book1773
Valued Member

I just want to give everyone a heads up. I applied for DCU and they asked for a copy of my DL,Utility bill and social security

card. I sent all that information and they denied my membership with them. They said its because of my credit report.

I also signed up with Penfed and USAA the same day no problems with them just DCU. My credit score on equifax is around 680.

I called them up asking if they needed anything else and what the status is and they said it was denied. I then asked

why they said they could not tell me. I have no clue as I provided all the documentation they request. Weird

Message 25 of 57
olderwiser3
Established Member

That seems very off to me.  Do you have anything particularly bad in your report?  Lot's of inquiries maybe?  I'd call back and ask for a supervisor.  Doesn't add up that they wouldn't tell you.  At the very least if there is some specific criteria you should be able to ask what do I need to work on to be eligible.

Message 26 of 57
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Wow. My EQ score is way lower than that. I may have made a mistake apping with DCU. They have only asked for my DL as of now and the status is still pending which makes me nervous. No decline yet though but I have not heard from a representative like they stated. I will keep you updated. If i get declined no apps til 2014 and IM stuck with small credit limits. uggghhh

Message 27 of 57
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Applied for savings account so that I could get the EQ FICO. As im in the process of the paperwork, It shows I am Pre-approved for a 25K auto loan. So I complete the app and get an email asking me for a copy of my DL. So I scan it in and send it to them, wait a day and get a message that it is of poor quality and I need to re-send another one to a specific person processing the paperwork. It also asks for a copy of my SS card. The first is not a problem, so I take an Iphone pic and send it. The second is because I haven't seen my SS card in 25 years. (No one has EVER asked for it). So I call in to inquire if they would accept my passport or some other type of id to confirm my identity. There was good news and bad news. No they wouldn't accept anything but a copy to confirm, however I was also pre-approved for a Signature Visa, but without the copy of the SSN, they couldnt proceed. they said to apply for another one and then send it in, and that this application would be held open for 30 days.

Received the SSN card about a week later, took a pic with the Iphone,sent it in. Rep called me and said congratulation your account is open and you have been approved for a 7500 credit line! (please send us a copy of your last pay stub)

Received the card quickly and the rest is history. They seem to want high levels of documentation, but its worth the hoops in the end.

Good Luck~

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 28 of 57
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@rightcoast wrote:

Wow. My EQ score is way lower than that. I may have made a mistake apping with DCU. They have only asked for my DL as of now and the status is still pending which makes me nervous. No decline yet though but I have not heard from a representative like they stated. I will keep you updated. If i get declined no apps til 2014 and IM stuck with small credit limits. uggghhh

Toss whatever money you're saving these days into CLI's on the Cap One secured would be my recommendation.

My own experience with DCU was very documentation-intensive but I feel it was worthwhile.  That said I was a member there with an "inactive" account for a decade that still had a few thousand in it, which may have been enough to keep my relationship established.

        
Message 29 of 57
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CL! It does appear they need a lot of information. I have provided pay-stubs, W-2's, and ID for now before they have asked just to be prepared. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE:

Got a new message from a rep on CC app. 

[1/10/2013 11:22:53 AM EST] xxx, Alexandria:we will need you to establish membership with us
[1/10/2013 11:57:23 AM EST] Dane xxx:Yes, the membership is in process. I have provided all of the information necessary. Thank you for your response.
[1/10/2013 12:11:14 PM EST] xxx, Alexandria:thank you

Very odd

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.