Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pending

tag
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU Pending

Longest 1 year, shortest 2 mths... I was also denied membership and I do not have chex systems issues. Pretty disappointed. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Only negative I have is a deferred school loan and about 40% UTI. Tried to Recon to no avail. Said they will not discuss over phone. Guy was unforgiving not very happy about the recommendation. OH well, time to garden and increase my secured cards. Thanks for commenting!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 41 of 57
grubs
Valued Member

@rightcoast wrote:

Longest 1 year, shortest 2 mths... I was also denied membership and I do not have chex systems issues. Pretty disappointed. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Only negative I have is a deferred school loan and about 40% UTI. Tried to Recon to no avail. Said they will not discuss over phone. Guy was unforgiving not very happy about the recommendation. OH well, time to garden and increase my secured cards. Thanks for commenting!

It's says insufficient income for amount requested. If you don't mind would you like to share those numbers? I am looking to apply soon, thanks.

Message 42 of 57
olderwiser3
Established Member

Sorry to hear that.  His response does offer a bit of a clue as to how they work though.  Since they won't discuss it over the phone, maybe they're much more strict when they can't talk to you in person.  And maybe that's why the person I talked to via their website chat suggested I go into the local office if I could.  Anyway, good luck in working on those scores.  Sounds like you're on the right track and once you have more history things will start getting easier.  I bet once your 2-month cards show 6 months of good reporting and your year is almost a year and a half, this will be much less of a problem.

Message 43 of 57
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Thanks olderwiser. Im trying my best. I have an Alliance CU here in town ive heard decent things about as well as a Corning FCU. Might try those out soon. Definitely not PENFED or DCU again for a year or so. 

My GI is around 30k, so that probably played a factor as well. Damn Economy

Its funny, our taxes bail out banks but, the banks wont help out the consumer! Frustrating

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 44 of 57
grubs
Valued Member

@rightcoast wrote:

Thanks olderwiser. Im trying my best. I have an Alliance CU here in town ive heard decent things about as well as a Corning FCU. Might try those out soon. Definitely not PENFED or DCU again for a year or so. 

My GI is around 30k, so that probably played a factor as well. Damn Economy

Its funny, our taxes bail out banks but, the banks wont help out the consumer! Frustrating

What is the credit line that you requested?

Message 45 of 57
olderwiser3
Established Member

One of the reasons I joined DCU is because they're local.  I like the idea of a non-profit financial org that invests in the local community more than a big international bank might.  (Maybe that sort of thinking means I'm getting old.  Smiley Wink)  I'm not familiar with Alliance, but if they offer good products, I'd go into their office and talk to them.  It can't hurt.  If you explain your situation in person and what you know your scores to be, they might be able to tell you what their criteria are and where you need to be to get approved.  I think in this case, face to face will be better.  They might be more receptive to working with you because of the potential to build a real relationship.

Message 46 of 57
eviLution
Established Contributor

WEIRD! I was approved with a thin file and I only make 18k! I had only 5 months of credit with Capital One Secured when I applied for DCU membership and Visa.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 47 of 57
grubs
Valued Member

@eviLution wrote:

WEIRD! I was approved with a thin file and I only make 18k! I had only 5 months of credit with Capital One Secured when I applied for DCU membership and Visa.

Would you care to elaborate In detail?  what credit line did they grant you? I am looking to apply soon thanks.

Message 48 of 57
OwNt
New Contributor

DCU is one of the most disorganized credit unions out there. Some people get approved for accounts with no verification whatsoever, and others have provided everything but a DNA sample and still couldn't get their identity verified.

I wouldn't give much thought to a denial if I were you.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 49 of 57
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

OP, sorry to hear about this but when CC says no then another one out there always says yes.

Lately I've been reading so many stories like this that it makes me wonder if they are getting tighter on approvals due to an influx of applications.  When I app'd they requested NO verification of anything.  I didn't have to upload any documents and I didn't have to provide proof of SS# or income.  Of course if they requested it I would have supplied it.  This was just 4 months ago so its not like I've been a member for a long time.  I experienced nothing but professionalism and speedy service so I don't have anything bad to say about them.  

However with all of the disorganization and yes and no approvals back and forth it is making me rethink my position to even bank with them.  My only reason for apping with them period was for the CC and perhaps I should have kept it that way.  I banked with Chase and had no issues whatsover with them.  Maybe Chase will see me back soon as a banking customer.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.