Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pending

tag
book1773
Valued Member

Re: DCU Pending

Nope I provided all the information. I scanned my drivers license, Social security card and 

statement from the IRS with my SSN. I have a 681 myfico EQ score and have several bank

accounts. Penn Fed and USAA opened no problem at all and they also grabbed the EQ report.

PenFed wanted to have the signature card signed and mailed back which I have all ready done that.

I called DCU and they would not tell me anything except it's because of

my credit report. I told them I provided all the documentation that request.

I could even done a live scan if they wanted to. Not sure what the deal is

with them.

Message 51 of 57
OwNt
New Contributor

@book1773 and OP,

As I said before, and a cursory google search will show, DCU is extremely disorganized. There are many threads where a local has applied online and been outright denied, then they enter a branch and sign right up.

I applied for membership several months ago for the free FICO score, but after providing almost a dozen documents to verify my identity, it was still a no go. There are literally dozens of threads out there with posters having the exact same incident. Emailing the CEO is also a waste of time.

Keep in mind that:

1.) Incident

2.) Pattern

3.) Problem

For the record, I have never been late on any account, ever, and my FICO is in the low 800's with over $300,000 in credit. Consider yourself lucky to be denied membership with DCU.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 52 of 57
jbunton444
Valued Member

@rightcoast wrote:

UPDATE:

DENIED

Denial ReasonsCredit too new to rate. Income insufficient for amount of credit requested. Limited credit experience.

I do not know about my membership status yet, I will update as soon I receive the info.

Amount of credit requested? I didnt even request an amt i just apped for the CC! come on man!

I tried.. back to the garden I go hopefully someone will learn from my mistakes

NFCU qualify?

Gardening since 6-28-2013
Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 53 of 57
jbunton444
Valued Member

Its funny, our taxes bail out banks but, the banks wont help out the consumer! Frustrating

I can only say, "Amen."  Perhaps it's time they're forgiving a bit or offered you a secured option of 25 secured 75/not to establish for six months; hybrid situations....

Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 54 of 57
jbunton444
Valued Member

@OwNt wrote:

DCU is one of the most disorganized credit unions out there. Some people get approved for accounts with no verification whatsoever, and others have provided everything but a DNA sample and still couldn't get their identity verified.

I wouldn't give much thought to a denial if I were you.

Yes.

Message 55 of 57
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

They say they cannot comfirm my identity.  I apped for a checking account, savings account, then a credit card.  They asked me for my driver's license and I sent them that, as well as my social security card, a utility bill and my most recent paystub because I didn't want them to ask every couple of days for each item and thought I could expedite my app faster.  I sent a paystub for the credit card app and was approved for $7500 provided that my membership was approved.  I authorized them to fund $100 to both accounts through my current checking account.  They declined my membership because they were "unable to adequately verify the information provided".  I called them to see what that meant exactly and the girl I talked to really didn't seem to know but did eventually say that it had something to do with my ID.  Telling her that my state issued driver's license with correct address, picture, signature and valid expiration date should have been good enough without sending in my utility bill and paystub which both reflect my name and address or my social security card which has my signature.  She seemed baffled so I asked to talk to her supervisor and she transferred me.  He was not helpful either.  He said that it wasn't really my ID but the overall collection of data they gathered.  So, I again mention how I sent them my driver's license, social security card, utility bill and paystub, all reflecting that I am me and asked what else I could send that would help, such as a copy of my passport and he said that nothing else could be done.  The only mention of my credit reports was me saying the my credit reports have my correct address that they could use to verify the address I applied with.  So I never got an actual reason for not being approved.  I would have been fine I were given a real reason and not one that no one knows how to explain.  What ticks me off is that the credit card was approved and now I can' get it.  I don't like near a branch so I guess I have to give it up.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 56 of 57
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

They say they cannot comfirm my identity.  I apped for a checking account, savings account, then a credit card.  They asked me for my driver's license and I sent them that, as well as my social security card, a utility bill and my most recent paystub because I didn't want them to ask every couple of days for each item and thought I could expedite my app faster.  I sent a paystub for the credit card app and was approved for $7500 provided that my membership was approved.  I authorized them to fund $100 to both accounts through my current checking account.  They declined my membership because they were "unable to adequately verify the information provided".  I called them to see what that meant exactly and the girl I talked to really didn't seem to know but did eventually say that it had something to do with my ID.  Telling her that my state issued driver's license with correct address, picture, signature and valid expiration date should have been good enough without sending in my utility bill and paystub which both reflect my name and address or my social security card which has my signature.  She seemed baffled so I asked to talk to her supervisor and she transferred me.  He was not helpful either.  He said that it wasn't really my ID but the overall collection of data they gathered.  So, I again mention how I sent them my driver's license, social security card, utility bill and paystub, all reflecting that I am me and asked what else I could send that would help, such as a copy of my passport and he said that nothing else could be done.  The only mention of my credit reports was me saying the my credit reports have my correct address that they could use to verify the address I applied with.  So I never got an actual reason for not being approved.  I would have been fine I were given a real reason and not one that no one knows how to explain.  What ticks me off is that the credit card was approved and now I can' get it.  I don't like near a branch so I guess I have to give it up.

Damn, I hope they dont do that BS with me sorry to hear that bro.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.