Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pre-approvals

tag
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

DCU Pre-approvals

I've been a member of DCU for 2 years and have never received any offers. Today, I logged in and it says "You're approved for a loan! Touch here to get started". When I touch one of the logos (credit card, car loan, personal loan), it takes me to the Loan Suite page, but all options say "Apply" only. No pre-approvals. I'm assuming these aren't true pre-approvals, but it's strange that every time I log in now it gives me the same message. I'm waiting until my Equifax gets above 680 before applying for a car refinance with them. I'm just curious if these are real pre-approvals. Has anyone had this experience with DCU?

5 REPLIES 5
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Pre-approvals

The same exact thing happened to me. I called DCU and to see if I really had any and they said no. They are supposed to fix it but it’s still there.
Message 2 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It could be that the screwup was someone prematurely releasing a batch of prepared email notifications ~4 weeks early.  Their normal cycle would be to refresh on or about April 1 so check for preapprovals again in early April.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Ok.. so I'm not the only one that saw this on their DCU account..lol
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same message on my DCU acct "you're pre-approved" but when I click on it, it says apply.

Message 5 of 6
Hex
Valued Contributor

DCU called me to check and see if the “pre-approval” was gone because they fixed it (I called and asked about it yesterday). Sure enough it’s gone now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.