cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, how to earn/redeem rewards?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

DCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, how to earn/redeem rewards?

Simply want this card for free EQ score.. Would be good if it offers some sort of rewards..

On the site, it says "

• Earn points on every purchase
  • Redeem for travel, merchandise, gift cards, and more"

So is it like 1% rate reward points?

and what does it mean redeem for travel/merchandise? as statement credit? and more? what more?

Hopefully people who currently have this card could maybe illustrate a bit more for me. Thanks! Smiley Happy

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, how to earn/redeem rewards?

DCU is a good cu but their reward cc is not the best. You can select their non reward product, comes with a lower APR , if all you want is the free score. Also,  you do not need their cc at all for the score-DD with their checking should suffice. 

Message 2 of 23
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

DCU is a good cu but their reward cc is not the best. You can select their non reward product, comes with a lower APR , if all you want is the free score. Also,  you do not need their cc at all for the score-DD with their checking should suffice. 

Do I have to have a checking account in order to apply for their CC? I wouldn't think so.. I am not too worried about the APR as I alwasy pif after statement cut if not before. I do just want the free score, but I guess I will use a little bit just to keep the alive. I guess the rewards actually don't matter since i would only use so tiny that i can't even redeem them.. Just kinda curious what excatly their rewards are...

Message 3 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Do I have to have a checking account in order to apply for their CC? I wouldn't think so.. I am not too worried about the APR as I alwasy pif after statement cut if not before. I do just want the free score, but I guess I will use a little bit just to keep the alive. I guess the rewards actually don't matter since i would only use so tiny that i can't even redeem them.. Just kinda curious what excatly their rewards are...

My point was you do not need the cc for a free score. The rewards are terrible and if you just wanted another TL, go for the no reward cc. 

Message 4 of 23
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

My point was you do not need the cc for a free score. The rewards are terrible and if you just wanted another TL, go for the no reward cc. 

Oh interesting, i can just open a checking account for the free score? Can I open the account online or do i have to go to the credit union to do so?

Message 5 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Oh interesting, i can just open a checking account for the free score? Can I open the account online or do i have to go to the credit union to do so?

You can open it on-line, easy peasy Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

It's a hp for membership 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a DCU account and u only need a checking account for the score and u can also sign up for they're free savings account. When I joined I got the secured Visa card with a $1,00 limit with a 11.8 apr(pretty good for a secured card).  They're rewards program isn't that great and comes with a 11.5 apr and the non rewards card comes with a 8.5 April and that's the one I intend on getting in 6 months or so. Great great credit union but u don't need the rewards card for the free Rico just the free checking account.  They have some good rewards though like a free ballon ride with x amount of points and NASCAR track driving but the rewards are also based  on the area u live as we'll.  hope this helps

Quicksilver One-$500; DCU Visa $1,000;  First Premiere-$300

Message 8 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

The low APR card is a good one and eventually you'll get a preapproval usually for a CLI -- and then they might drop your APR at the same time too if you don't get the best terms from the beginning like I didn't.
Message 9 of 23
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

It's a hp for membership 

They will hp for opening a checking account? Or they do the hp for signing up for the free score?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.