cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, how to earn/redeem rewards?

Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, how to earn/redeem rewards?

I must have just been lucky to have avoided such fees in the past. Transferring funds between US Bank and Emigrant Bank accounts never generated any fees.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I must have just been lucky to have avoided such fees in the past. Transferring funds between US Bank and Emigrant Bank accounts never generated any fees.

Nah, Emigrant Bank has a pretty good fee structure reading their statement online: good choices aren't luck!

        
Message 22 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I opened a DCU free checking/savings accounts a week or so ago, but just received the pin on 8/1 which is needed to log in for the first time. I then signed up for the free FICO scores. Anyone know when I should expect my first free score?

Also, I read something about transferring money to DCU being free, but transfering out has a fee? Does that affect paying credit cards using check routing numbers? Or is it just if I wanted to do a bank to bank account transfer that they charge a fee? It seems sorts anti-bank to charge for that sort of thing, and makes it preferrable to NOT keep large sums of money in those accounts if I can't freely transfer the funds to other bank accounts as needed.

Last Friday of the month, unless it gets delayed (occasionally happens).  Just missed the window for this go around.

It's bank to bank transfers which the fees occur on on their Cash Edge product: if you ACH money into the account on their normal 3ish day timing, works fine.  I haven't used my DCU checking account for an electronic payment via ACH but I have to assume since I've never gotten charged for that from either BOFA or Chase, that DCU certainly wouldn't either.  It is patently unlikely.

Should be documented, certainly is on the Chase / BOFA side and they will charge for using ACH inbound for a bank to bank transfer.  Note this is specific to generating an ACH request in their interface... I don't know why this is frankly, seems like an old holdover from when there were humans involved in this sort of thing but virtually every account is setup with language in this fashion.  Something else the industry moves away from I hope someday, holding people hostage via fees is a lousy way to do business in my opinion.  Only one I've found who doesn't care at all is USAA where ACH in or out on usual 3 business day timing, no fees at all, though I haven't taken a look at the Alliant accounts I now have, they may be better but I just use USAA if for some reason I have to shuffle money around back to my Chase account but that doesn't happen often, or at least hasn't in the past few years.

Hey!  DCU gave me my FICO score today.

Unfortunately its lower than I thought, at 720, but even so its nice to know it.

Edit: Credit Sesame says my credit score improved to 795!

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.