Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa online CLI question

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

DCU Visa online CLI question

I found a post on here explaining how you can request a CLI on the DCU Visa lending site online, that you choose 'Visa Increase' and go from there. It also said that the amount approved for is actually your CLI. So is the amount your *new limit* or the amount of your increase? Also, any idea how long it takes them to update your DCU account?

Just did it and got approved Smiley Happy Also seems to have a new interest rate, lower than my old one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: DCU Visa online CLI question

@new_earth wrote:

I found a post on here explaining how you can request a CLI on the DCU Visa lending site online, that you choose 'Visa Increase' and go from there. It also said that the amount approved for is actually your CLI. So is the amount your *new limit* or the amount of your increase? Also, any idea how long it takes them to update your DCU account?

Just did it and got approved Smiley Happy Also seems to have a new interest rate, lower than my old one.

Thanks!

Congarts 

IIRC  with DCU int% rates are in tiers by score the better the score the better the rate ....someone please chime in and confirm or correct meSmiley Embarassed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

do they really lower the rate with an increase? that's all this was, for an increase.

my interest rate was 15.25 and it looks like they gave me 9.25 or something just now. I don't know if they really do that though when they see it was just an increase. I'm confused

Message 3 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

do they really lower the rate with an increase? that's all this was, for an increase.

my interest rate was 15.25 and it looks like they gave me 9.25 or something just now. I don't know if they really do that though when they see it was just an increase. I'm confused

My DCU expert is Lexie ...where is she when I need herSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Here I am...sorry. The rate will drop to 9.50 if your score is at least 700. If you requested a CLI, the HO will determine if you warrant and increase and/or rate reduction.
Message 5 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Here I am...sorry. The rate will drop to 9.50 if your score is at least 700. If you requested a CLI, the HO will determine if you warrant and increase and/or rate reduction.

There's my partner 

Thank you 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was running around doing errands. Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging.
Message 7 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I was running around doing errands. Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging.

Lol I was pretty sure but wanted to make sure and you're my DCU expert Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

yeah my score is around 729. So does that mean they might not actually give me the increase even though I was approved online? What it is the HO?

oh yeah one more question....is the amount they gave me as approved my new CL or the amount of increase? thanks!

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It should have been HP...sorry I was trying to type fast.

If you were approved, your account should reflect the new CL.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.