Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU membership & credit card

tag
dogblood
Established Member

Re: DCU membership & credit card

LOL 100k! Smiley Surprised

Im pretty impresed with DCU, given the fact I have absolutely no profile and my SSN is very very fresh - they've helped my transition to the US immensely.

They just called to let me know that they used the same inq to determine if I qualify for an auto loan, and offered me 25k with a decent APR.  Overall the process has been very painless, and its great knowing I have some buying power going into a dealership.

I think I let this and the car oan report for a while - report the bureaus and then perhaps look at diversifying my credit card line up a bit.  (looking to become Mortgage ready in 2years).

Gardening since: 09/27/2013 Goal: Golden spade
Message 31 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They will use the same cr for up to 30 days on loan products.

They mail the card really fast- got mine in 4 days.
Message 32 of 43
dogblood
Established Member

I'm not based in MA though, so not sure if it will take longer getting to FL.

Message 33 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm in So Ca...approved on a Mon card arrived Thursday

Message 34 of 43
dogblood
Established Member

Smiley Tongue

Message 35 of 43
mousefai
New Contributor

im interesting in getting the membership from dcu.

jsut wanna double clarify somehting

membership: equifax pullled

credit card: pull equifax as well.

they csr lady told me tere will be 2 diff pull as well

guys, pls double confirm my answer is correct. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 36 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mousefai

That is correct. Did you are care of your FA issues?
Message 37 of 43
mousefai
New Contributor

what do u mean by FA?

so if i get the membership and the card at the same time, can it be done by 1 pulll?

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 38 of 43
hot4u
Established Contributor

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 39 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mousefai

FA = fraud alert

You've previously posted that your CR's have an unknown fraud alert. You wanted assistance on getting it removed.

DCU will require 2 separate HP's (1 for membership and 1 for cc's ). It is strongly suggested that you obtain membership prior to applying for a cc.
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.