Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU promo CC BT 6 mo 0% no transfer fee

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

DCU promo CC BT 6 mo 0% no transfer fee

For those of you with a DCU CC, starting tomorrow Jan 1 and through Jan 31 DCU is offering balance transfers to their CC with 0% interest until July with no transfer fee, no limit on the number of transfers.

If you don't pay off the balance before July 1, interest starts to accrue in July.  It  isn't backdated to January.

http://dcu.org/balancetransfer

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU promo CC BT 6 mo 0% no transfer fee

Interesting! I just got approved hours ago for this card. They mentioned on the phone they randomly offer 0% apr but didn’t say it starts tomorrow, since this link is from Jan 2018 is this something they do every January?
Message 2 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting! I just got approved hours ago for this card. They mentioned on the phone they randomly offer 0% apr but didn’t say it starts tomorrow, since this link is from Jan 2018 is this something they do every January?

Yes, they do have a similar promo every year.   I got an announcement via email this afternoon that included that URL so I am guessing they'll update the website overnight to reflect the correct year.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thats a nice offerSmiley Happy

Unfortunately DCU doesn't like me so much Smiley Embarassed

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! Received the email a couple of hours ago. It will get some use. Probably the only time this card will see any.😂

Screenshot_20181231-193122.png

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great news and thanks for sharing. I doubt I would have learned about this otherwise. What great timing to have just applied / approved for this card!
Message 6 of 11
creditfan
Established Contributor

DCU has it every January of the year

Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Whenever I next apply for a something think I may pickup an unsecured card from DCU just for this reason.

The $500 secured card I keep with them from my original build just isn't large enough for meaningful balance transfers Smiley Happy

        
Message 8 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Whenever I next apply for a something think I may pickup an unsecured card from DCU just for this reason.

The $500 secured card I keep with them from my original build just isn't large enough for meaningful balance transfers Smiley Happy

The cool part about DCU now is, those who join and meet the credit requirements, will get this card offered during the initial membership sign up. All on a SP. I'm kind of glad they ignored my email about cancelling the card, when I applied for membership a couple of months ago.

Now I know exactly how I'll use this card every year. Just used it to help push through a sign up bonus on another card, without interfering with my budget.

Message 9 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I got the email and wasn't impressed - 6 months 0% is just long enough to get you into trouble, I wouldn't take anything less than 12 months, prefer 15-18 months.

I'm very happy with DCU with my free checking, savings, and my car loan, but I've always considered their CC to be pretty meh. They made a big deal out of 1% rewards from Thanksgiving through 12/31, apparently the only time they give you rewards. I don't use any card for less than 2% rewards on anything, and 3-5% on select categories. You guys enjoy, I'll pass - I don't have a DCU CC and this won't get me to app for one.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.