Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU questions - UPDATE!

tag
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU questions - UPDATE!

@masscredit wrote:

I woke up Tuesday morning to a suggestion on the forum to try DCU.  I was denied by 3 other banks/credit uniions last Summer. I gave them a call to submit an app to refi over the phone. That was approved for 1.99% (down from 17.1).  They have a branch about 40 minutes from my house so I drove there on Wednesday and took care of that along with membership, a checking account, savings account and Visa card.  Everything was approved but the Visa is on hold until I take care of a tax lien. Overall it was a very, very good experience andthe people there were great to deal with. 

DCU will be the bank that I goto whenever I need something! 

Congrats masscredit!! That's fantastic!

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 11 of 18
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats DCU Hase been good to me also. An dit's awesome to be speaking to someone from the mainland.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 12 of 18
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

I was just given instant approval by DCU as well! Congrats to you and thank you to all board members for the advice and contribution. What were everyone's scores hovering around when approved for CC's and loan products with DCU? Thank you for the help

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 13 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Sunshinebiz

My EQ score was 714 approved for cc @10k with a 9.5% APR and refi'd auto @1.99%
Message 14 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I need to start recommending DCU to all of my coworkers -- we don't have a local one, but with the terms of their auto loan it sounds amazing.

Message 15 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My EQ was in the 660-670 range at the time of my re-fi approval.  I would have also received a credit card from them but they wanted to see that I took care of one of my tax liens (the biggest one - $13.5k). That hasn't happened but my score is now 30-40 points higher. I'm going to let my auto loan relationship with them grow a little longer then maybe see if they will approve me for a credit card even though I have the iien(s).

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 16 of 18
zyzzus
Established Contributor

DCU is a treat. I love the early access to direct deposit.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 17 of 18
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I was at 745 EQ back in January.  Instant approval $10k.

I may re-fi my '13 Harley Davidson with them...currently at 8% with Harley financing (Eaglemark bank or something or other).

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.