Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU won't give me a checking account.

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

DCU won't give me a checking account.

I owed money to Citizens Bank and I have now paid them. DCU won't open an checking account for me for 2 years from the pay day.

How can I get DCU to open a checking account for me?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU won't give me a checking account.

I'm not familiar with this CU, do you happen to have a link?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

DCU is tough. Year ago, though they opend checking account, I could not get a Debit MasterCard from them. Recently I closed all my CD accounts from them and moved them to Smith Barney. Why do you need a DCU Bank Account? I have with BOA and it was very easy to open. There are several other CU's and Banks that can open an account for you.
Message 3 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
DCU is tough. Year ago, though they opend checking account, I could not get a Debit MasterCard from them. Recently I closed all my CD accounts from them and moved them to Smith Barney. Why do you need a DCU Bank Account? I have with BOA and it was very easy to open. There are several other CU's and Banks that can open an account for you.

They wouldn't give you a debit card? Why on Earth not?
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

fugghedabouit..............open with Chase of BoA.  Both can be opened online quite easily. I am sure there are many others.

Would you qualify with NFCU?
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 8
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

The Reason why I want a checking account with them is because I have an auto loan and a Credit card with them and I want to do all my banking with them. I've already have a checking account from another bank but they denied me for the auto loan and DCU approved me.

By having the checking account with DCU its easier to do the credit card & auto loan payments. It will save me multiple trips to the bank.
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If it's actual bank trips you're worried about, would using the online bill pay help at all?
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
If it's actual bank trips you're worried about, would using the online bill pay help at all?

that's the thing. I can't have my whole check go into the saving account in DCU as I use my debit card to make purchases  and they are not giving me a debit card unless I have a checking account.

inorder to make my loan and credit card online payment I need to have funs available on my saving account.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.