Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCu October offers

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: DCu October offers

Pro tip: you don't have to wait 6 months to get the $2000 quick loan offer. If you make enough money, you can get it as soon as quick loans are available. Just need to send in POI if it isn't asked for. 

Message 11 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Even though I've been a member of DCU for about four months, I had never checked out my Loan Suite.  After reading the other replies, I decided to take a peek, and I see the "you're approved" message on numerous products.

**possible dumb question ahead**

What does that actually mean?

*edit*

I found the answer to my question in another thread, so disregard.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score went from 703 to 693 according to DCU over the last 3 months. So I did not receive any offers this time except the quickloan, I had a bunch last time. I took them up on the $5,000 Credit Card with 15.xx%. I was hopping for a credit limit increase and possibly a percentage drop. Mostly because it has a similar interest rate as my Apple Card with a $3,000 limit (got both cards around the same time. I want my DCU to be true emergency use card, so want a lower interest rate with a $10,000 credit limit.

Message 13 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I myself have never heard of a quarterly offer being extended to lower the APR on an existing card, only to increase the CL.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 21
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I use DCU as my primary checking and savings and only show the quick loan ($2k @ 10%)

Message 15 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@ZackAttack wrote:

My pre-screen only says the quick loan (1,000) is the only one that is approved.

So far today, I did click the apply button on the personal loan and it came back saying approved. So far I have heard no dings from Equifax yet so I'll see if it was a HP or not.

It can take a full day for the reporting services to detect and alert on an EQ HP.  

Also, if really was a green "Apply Now" button you should expect a hard pull.  Offers based on a SP have an yellowish-orange "Accept Offer" button.  

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 21
wwalter2718
Established Member

I just recently learned of the "Quickloan" option that shows for a lot of folks @ DCU.  

As part of a little cross-card 0% shuffle, it would be helpful to me to be able to take out the $2k Quickloan, use the money to pay off a credit card that's going to start charging interest in late November,  and then pay off the Quickloan immediately, via Plastiq and Paypal Key, using another card with a year @ 0%.  I'd pay a little interest while the Quickloan was open, but nothing near a 3% BT fee.  The Plastiq fee and the BT card's baseline 1% cashback would cancel b/c of PPK being a "debit" card at Plastiq.

The only problem is that I'm not sure Plastiq will take DCU's loan as an acceptable payee.  I know they let me make payments on my mortgage and car loan, but...

Does anyone know?  I figure I'd set it up to pay by mailed check and start the payment the same day I request the loan (if granted, of course!)

Bonus gratitude if anyone can supply the payment address for a DCU Quickloan.  Then I could try the setup at Plastiq and see if there are any immediate roadblocks.

Thanks!

Message 17 of 21
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I've maintained a 728-738 score and have recently been offered a 2k quick loan.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 18 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Funny for the past 4 months or so I have had every offer except student loans and CLI button turned orange, but just this week ALL are gone now and only the quick loan?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Funny for the past 4 months or so I have had every offer except student loans and CLI button turned orange, but just this week ALL are gone now and only the quick loan?

I suspect that they're tightening things up a bit in general, is your September EQ FICO 5 score much different from June's figure?

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.