Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CARD REPORTING

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: DISCOVER CARD REPORTING

@FicoScore626 wrote:

When I first got my Discover card, it didn't report for close to 2 months, which made me VERY happy, LOL.. Let's just say I went a little crazy in Aruba with the card and wanted to day down the balance as much as possible before it reported. Smiley Very Happy

that's exactly why im not in a hurry for them to report! Smiley Very Happy want to get my balance paid down as much as possible before it shows up.

Message 11 of 14
tray
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@tray wrote:

Hi Di, I have had this card over 6 months now with no problems in the reporting department.

Hola, Tray!  I may not be understanding your concern.  Are you asking about updates to the CRAs, or when does the account first report to the CRAs?

I was referring to the monthly updating,  thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 14
maestro
Valued Member

New cardholders start reporting about 3 months after approval.

Then, they report every month on the statement closing.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maestro wrote:

New cardholders start reporting about 3 months after approval.

Then, they report every month on the statement closing.

I've had my Discover More for over a month now and not reporting to any of the CRA's yet (fine with me) it's the last of the CC's I've applied for recently I'm waiting to show up on my CR's. I've taken a little hit with my TU score (was 797, now is 786) and my EQ score actually went up (was 774 now 778) with two new accounts BoA and Barclays, My AmEx backdated to 91 just recently reported to the 3 CRA's really helped with my AAoA so I'm hoping when Discover does report I do not get dinged too much score wise.

As long as I'm above 760 I'm fine with that, my scores will continue to go up with time.

I was told by a Discover rep that it should report around the 7th of July (the closing date). And will report to the CRA's on or around the 7th each month thereafter.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.