cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

Gotcha.  Interesting that both Discover cards, the IT and MILES both lose a lot of their luster after the first year.

Obviously, there's a big benefit and drawback to the way Discover offers their "bonus" which is a better program for Year 1 verses all the other years.  They get 1 year of loyalty out of a customer as opposed to possibly only 3 months for the other more common "spend X in 3 months" SUB programs, but since the "spend X in 3 months" cards don't get worse generally speaking after Year 1 is up the chances of someone using them long term is greater.  I'm not sure which is better honestly.

Message 11 of 36
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Congrats @Pizza1!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 12 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha.  Interesting that both Discover cards, the IT and MILES both lose a lot of their luster after the first year.

Obviously, there's a big benefit and drawback to the way Discover offers their "bonus" which is a better program for Year 1 verses all the other years.  They get 1 year of loyalty out of a customer as opposed to possibly only 3 months for the other more common "spend X in 3 months" SUB programs, but since the "spend X in 3 months" cards don't get worse generally speaking after Year 1 is up the chances of someone using them long term is greater.  I'm not sure which is better honestly.

I think that is the difference between the plain IT and the miles card.   While the first year bonus is good on both, the IT retains reasonable value, for those that can use the 5% and discover deals.   After the first year, the Miles card is very very meh ($30 travel credit is good I guess, if I ever remembered to use it!)

Message 13 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats PizzaSmiley Happy Make Discover Great Again 2017-2018 Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that is the difference between the plain IT and the miles card.   While the first year bonus is good on both, the IT retains reasonable value, for those that can use the 5% and discover deals.   After the first year, the Miles card is very very meh ($30 travel credit is good I guess, if I ever remembered to use it!)

Just PC the Miles to IT after the first year. as Miles after first year is worthless

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ms Pizza. Congrats on lowering your card count and keeping your CLs. Now That’s how it done. 🎉🍾🎈🎊🐬

Message 16 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ms Pizza. Congrats on lowering your card count and keeping your CLs. Now That’s how it done. 🎉🍾🎈🎊🐬

wellllllllll, Im not so sure about lowering the count, lol..Smiley Wink sometimes when one goes away, another one reappears!! Its so strange! Smiley Wink 

Thank you so much everyone!!! Appreciate all the kind words! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pizza! Can you tell me which backdoor number you used? I see three listed in the backdoor number thread. I’m thinking the executive office number?

I’m wanting to close my Miles card as well and see if I can move the limit over.

Thank you!
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizza1 ... really pretty great that you got Discover to combine cards plus add the CLI that was available. Also, to pay you for your outstanding miles! Awesome! Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 36
drboxing
Established Contributor

I didn't know you can have 2 discover cards

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.