cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

tag
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

wrote:
I didn't know you can have 2 discover cards

You just have to wait 1 year after approval. 

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able to get this done.  Called the recon line and got transferred once, maybe twice.  Miles card closed (already collected the double miles for the 1st year) and It card now has 25k Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 36
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. Good to know, I may have to do this in a year!

Robot Very Happy

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for this thread! It was super easy...Gotta thanks Pizza for this one!
Message 24 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wrote:
Yes! I wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for this thread! It was super easy...Gotta thanks Pizza for this one!

Yall are so welcome!! I try and post anything that I think someone might benefit from, even if its just one person!Smiley Happy 

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a second Discover IT ($5K SL), one year after the first one, this morning. The SL is twice the SL on the older one (which was $2.5K), and CLI's have been fairly anemic on the older card (not to mention that my most recent 90-day attempt at a CLI flunked out, so I've probably hit the upper limit on what's likely a "starter" card), so I'm thinking about combining the two cards later this year. How long do you have to have the new card for before combination, and does the older card have to have a zero balance (the OP appeared to state that both cards had balances)? What happens to the rewards balance on the older card when it's combined with the newer card?

Message 26 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I just got approved for a second Discover IT ($5K SL), one year after the first one, this morning. The SL is twice the SL on the older one (which was $2.5K), and CLI's have been fairly anemic on the older card (not to mention that my most recent 90-day attempt at a CLI flunked out, so I've probably hit the upper limit on what's likely a "starter" card), so I'm thinking about combining the two cards later this year. How long do you have to have the new card for before combination, and does the older card have to have a zero balance (the OP appeared to state that both cards had balances)? What happens to the rewards balance on the older card when it's combined with the newer card?

Hi Joe...

Congrats on the new approval!! Your new card has to be one year old before they will combine. Which ever card youre wanting to close, and move the limit over too, needs to be at $0 balance. If you have rewards built up, cash them in before, or you can do what I did. I closed my Miles and they converted to miles I had to cash, and sent me a check. 

Heres the most thing though.....you need to have a CLI "available" on either card to combine. So, check online to see if youre offered one, and if so, DONT accept it. Call in to the BD#, tell them you'd like to combine your cards (however you were wanting), they will check to see if there is a CLI available, and if so, it shouldnt be a problem, plus they will give you the CLI as well. Good Luck!

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi Joe...

Congrats on the new approval!! Your new card has to be one year old before they will combine. Which ever card youre wanting to close, and move the limit over too, needs to be at $0 balance. If you have rewards built up, cash them in before, or you can do what I did. I closed my Miles and they converted to miles I had to cash, and sent me a check. 

Heres the most thing though.....you need to have a CLI "available" on either card to combine. So, check online to see if youre offered one, and if so, DONT accept it. Call in to the BD#, tell them you'd like to combine your cards (however you were wanting), they will check to see if there is a CLI available, and if so, it shouldnt be a problem, plus they will give you the CLI as well. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info - I've put this in my calendar so that I know what to do next March when the time comes.

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s the discover BD#
Message 29 of 36
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Back door number.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.