cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT SECURED CARD GRADUATION with other charge off’s on account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT SECURED CARD GRADUATION with other charge off’s on account?

Has anyone had any experience with getting graduated from a discover it secured card while there’s charge offs on report from different credit card company. I had a discover it secured card for 6 months now and kept utilization low and paid on time, credit went up over 100 points since having this card. Even though my credit increased drastically and am doing better with credit card responsibility, still afraid that my card may not graduate at the 8th statement with two capital one charge offs from a few years ago. Anybody had a situation like this with success in graduating?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT SECURED CARD GRADUATION with other charge off’s on account?

I graduated at 8 months with a collection that's from 2013. Got my deposit back and they gave me a $100 increase on a soft pull, plus the amount of my deposit totaling $600 CL. I'm at the 12th month mark now and my score is in the high 600's It would be higher but i bought a new vehicle 6 months ago. I'm waiting for the big jump with them, whenever that happens? Not sure if that helps !?!?

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with getting graduated from a discover it secured card while there’s charge offs on report from different credit card company. I had a discover it secured card for 6 months now and kept utilization low and paid on time, credit went up over 100 points since having this card. Even though my credit increased drastically and am doing better with credit card responsibility, still afraid that my card may not graduate at the 8th statement with two capital one charge offs from a few years ago. Anybody had a situation like this with success in graduating?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that does help a bit!
Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Basically same as you except no cap1 charge offs. Got my 1 year cashback today, still haven't graduated.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had multiple chargeoff’s from 2015 and was upgraded after my 11th statement, then given a 1,000 increase. It’s definitely doable. Good luck! 😁
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! That makes me feel much better. My charge offs are from 2015 too
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sitting at 13 months and still no graduation. Scores are 680-720, one collection from 2013. This $200 CL is awful, but I refuse to deposit more when my credit is good enough for Chase to approve me for $5000 on the unlimited and $3300 on the Amazon Signiture

Message 7 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Actually just got off the phone with discover. It appears the 3 things holding me back are a partial non-payment being late by 2 days and I went over my limit twice. I didn't actually go over my limit. I was cycling my card for the quarterly bonus and the interest posted both times before my payment cleared. So, they count the interest posting the same as if I charged my card over the limit.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.