Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISGUSTED WITH CAPITAL ONE

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH CAPITAL ONE

@RSCo wrote:

It should never take an executive office esc to get this done esp given I've been a customer for 13yrs... They clearly need to back away from their artificial UNintelligent computers and their customer modeling output and instead apply some good ole common sense..  Smiley Happy

Good luck.

+! Yes exactly!!!

At my work, I have the power to make things right and correct our customer accounts without having to get a manger unless they are pushing me around, and i make strict notes justifiying my actions and the rest of the executive staff doesn't make a big deal out of it cuz I'm helping keep our reputation and keep our customers business , In a perfect world, this is how it should go! 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 21 of 35
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Still no change to my account im so disgusted.  I will just pay it off and not use it 750 is a waste.  Its my lowest card.  I just got CLI for Macys American Express 1500-5000 and store card 1200-2000.  So my next lowest card is my discover which i see doesnt move on automatic CLI's either, its a 1k for one year now

Message 22 of 35
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

This is just my opinion but why not take your business elsewhere? A closed account still contributes positively to your AAoA for 10 years and losing such a low limit won’t really affect your utilization. It’s a shame that Cap One is so inflexible and makes people jump through hoops just to get normal things done.

Message 23 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

This is just my opinion but why not take your business elsewhere? A closed account still contributes positively to your AAoA for 10 years and losing such a low limit won’t really affect your utilization. It’s a shame that Cap One is so inflexible and makes people jump through hoops just to get normal things done.

+1

If an account is no longer beneficial, you should close it and move on.  The account will stay and report for 10 years.  Personally, I routinely close accounts whose fees are no longer commensurate with my needs, rewards program devalued or no longer useful, or if I no longer value the relationship (no need for utility) with the issuer.

What I would definitely do is purge all toy limits (especially the toy limit no rewards annual fee cards) once higher CLs are finally attained.

Message 24 of 35
Basspro2
Valued Member

Could someone give me a PM on the E.O email also ... I seem to be in the same boat... NO CLI no way your card does not justify it..is the answer I get from the robots on the other end of the line. Asked Barclay last week and BOOM increase and I had the card less tha Crap 1. 0 balance on all card UTIL of 1%

Message 25 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

@Basspro2 wrote:

Could someone give me a PM on the E.O email also ... I seem to be in the same boat... NO CLI no way your card does not justify it..is the answer I get from the robots on the other end of the line. Asked Barclay last week and BOOM increase and I had the card less tha Crap 1. 0 balance on all card UTIL of 1%

The issue with Cap One is if you were qualified with one of their subprime cards, the limits are set and can never be increased.  At best, their subprime cards are limited to $3,000.  Regardless of your credit rating increase, it will *never* go beyond the $3,000 cap.  Some cards are even frozen after the credit steps from $500 to $750.  It all depends on which card you were approved for when you first applied.

Their non subprime cards (which look the same) have limits going up as high as $25k.  You need to reapply for these, if you weren't approved for one of them originally, whereas if you were stuck with a subprime one, no amount of writing to the EO or otherwise will change or remove the cap, unless they've changed their policies.

Message 26 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Basspro2 wrote:

The issue with Cap One is if you were qualified with one of their subprime cards, the limits are set and can never be increased.  At best, their subprime cards are limited to $3,000.  Regardless of your credit rating increase, it will *never* go beyond the $3,000 cap.  Some cards are even frozen after the credit steps from $500 to $750.  It all depends on which card you were approved for when you first applied.

Their non subprime cards (which look the same) have limits going up as high as $25k.  You need to reapply for these, if you weren't approved for one of them originally, whereas if you were stuck with a subprime one, no amount of writing to the EO or otherwise will change or remove the cap, unless they've changed their policies.

They go higher, my Cap One is 30K, from 2004 (and no CLI since then!)

Message 27 of 35
Basspro2
Valued Member

Thanks makes sense......This is why I love this place. My wife say I need a different hobby.

Message 28 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Basspro2 wrote:

Google (or other engine) "Capital One CEO email"   This information has been posted many times.

Message 29 of 35
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

So update on my EO concerns i spoke with them today they said i was not approved for a increase from my 750 credit line to try again in 6 months however i was just approved for NFCU visa at 10k so capital one can stick it up their too too's im not using it.

Question is should i close it?

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.