Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIscover CLI LUV HP or Soft

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

DIscover CLI LUV HP or Soft

I've got the Luv on Discover (Request Increase) just want to know if it's a soft pull or Hard ?

Current limit is $4500 and when I asked for $4500 last month it wanted to pull CR and I wonder if I ask for less say $2000 will be soft ?

Few months ago got a letter to call in and got $2000 CLI and few months after that the CLI button showed up and it's been maybe two months now still got LUV when I log in.

Is Discover any good trying to match higher credit card limits ?

Account is about 2 years old  with ZERO balance now I charge about $4 a month and PIF.

Wife and I were using this card for everything till I found out about Amex BCP and Discover was at 70-100% credit use every month when limit was at $2000.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
amac373
Established Member

Re: DIscover CLI LUV HP or Soft

I recently had the LUV button show up in my account too. I was hoping that they would decide how much they wanted to give me for CLI but it asked how much I wanted. So I just chose a $2,000 CLI and it was approved. The website actually said that it was just a soft pull and that a hard pull would be required if I wanted an additional amount.  They won't do a HP without warning you first which is nice. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

What was your credit limit ? I'm going to ask for $2000 later on today I think $4500 aka 100% CLI luv button not happy about and wanted HP.

Message 3 of 6
alboto
Regular Contributor

I wish I could put how much I wanted, when I press the button it just says

" We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683)."

Message 4 of 6
amac373
Established Member

My limit was $5,000. 

Message 5 of 6
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Got LUV asked for $2000 and now upto $6500 too bad it's not my card (Wifes) she won't care if it's 16K LOL

Congratulations! You've been approved for a credit line increase of $2,000.

I think 2K CLI is the easy way i'll ask for 2k for next CLI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.