Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES BOA PULL TWO CREDIT REPORTS NOW?

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

DOES BOA PULL TWO CREDIT REPORTS NOW?

I applied for a boa cc last saturday and they pulled exp. I didn't get an instant approval, so I was told to call on Monday for instant decision. They approved me for 10k, but I just noticed that they pull hard on tu again. I always thought it was cap1 and discover that pull more than one. Just wanted to share this with folks considering a boa cc. My exp score was 760 from mortgage pull last month, and my tu was 781. Tu had zero inq and exp had 4. I am thankful they did not pull eq which has 11 and my lowest scre at 734.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: DOES BOA PULL TWO CREDIT REPORTS NOW?

Pulled 2 on me about 5 mos ago....declined for the 2nd time!  Smiley Mad   Never again.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Friend did the pre-app site and was offered 3 cards....he accepted....only got hard pull on EQ in Texas.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA pulled 2 on me back in April of this year.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here pulled EX and TU.
Message 5 of 7
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I think I read that they soft EQ for the pre-app, but hard pull anything for the real app.

I have played with the pre-app and got up to $3,500 offered and I see PRM inquiries on EQ.

How accurate is the amount of the pre-approval with the real offer? What is the most anyone has seen "pre-offered"?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaysdad2k wrote:

I think I read that they soft EQ for the pre-app, but hard pull anything for the real app.

pre-approval sites should be softs, yes -- unless you go through with an actual application.

i'm reading the OP as having actually gone through a real application, not a pre-approval;  what happened to you happened to me, OP - last year.   Only I wasn't calling for a recon, I was just calling to find out the status. I'm glad you got an approval.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.