09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DOES NFCU PULL ONLY EQUIFAX?

Message 21 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Nope that's wasn't why.  I did the app for membershp on 12/21 and all inquiries came from them on 12/21 and 12/22.  I got the official email notice on Xmas day and I sent the recon in on 12/26 and there has not been anymore hp's since 12/22.  

I was kind of ticked at first and started to ask them to remove it but then, like you said, I got a better deal and no sense in biting the hand that feeds you.  In my recon I told them that I had other cards and one of them has a 7500 limit so 2000 was just too low.  I told them some other things about me and respectfully asked them to reconsider their approval for a higher limit....please.  LOL!! You have to always say please.  So they called me later on that day and I was stoked Smiley Happy

Well, so much for my logic! Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

If I got approved with a discharged bk in November, a collection account will not hurt your chances....just saying.  Also, I have 5 baddies that are due to fall off in March as well.  If you remember they did approve me with a $2K limit and I requested a recon and they bumped it up to $5K.  What I'm saying is no doubt that you are a shoe in for a nice limit!

If you still want to wait until after March to join, why apply for membership now considering that you are about to take some hp's?   IMO, just do it all at the same time unless you are considering doing all of your banking with them.  

That is probably why you got 2 HPs. I talked to them about reconing my $2k CL and they said it could be another HP, so I opted to stay at $2k since there was no guarantee of an increase on recon. At least the 2nd HP paid off and you have a better starting CL! Smiley Happy

Nope that's wasn't why.  I did the app for membershp on 12/21 and all inquiries came from them on 12/21 and 12/22.  I got the official email notice on Xmas day and I sent the recon in on 12/26 and there has not been anymore hp's since 12/22.  

I was kind of ticked at first and started to ask them to remove it but then, like you said, I got a better deal and no sense in biting the hand that feeds you.  In my recon I told them that I had other cards and one of them has a 7500 limit so 2000 was just too low.  I told them some other things about me and respectfully asked them to reconsider their approval for a higher limit....please.  LOL!! You have to always say please.  So they called me later on that day and I was stoked Smiley Happy

A very cool NFCU success story!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.