Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP's 4 Junkies

tag
Face_Value
New Contributor

DP's 4 Junkies

Good morning fellow credit junkies,

I love reading through the forum, it has become a daily ritual. I have learned so much. So this morning I have decided to contribute a couple  dp's that I have learned.

CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM MASTERCARD (SECURED)

This morning i was looking through mint and saw that a 200.00 balance was on this card. I know I just paid my bill as my 12th statement due date is today. So I quickly go to the app to check this out and to my surprise the 200.00 was a credit. They have indeed refunded my security deposit at the 1 year mark. I spend about 300.00 a month on this card and always pif and leave a zero balance.

DISCOVER IT CASH BACK (UNSECURED)

I am in my 8th month with this card. I spend about 2k a month on this card and always PIF and leave a small balance on this card as this is my "except one" card. I have read many dp's about this so called "love button". 91st day came and went. no CLI. 6 months passed and still no luv. So I am adding a data point to the fact that it appears it is true that discover is giving no CLI's in the first year as I still have not seen this mysterious luv button. When I try to get a CLI through the app it says "Unable to process this request at this time". I have not tried to call in yet. I guess I will wait 4 more months and see if I can get it organically.

Clean/young/thin/new

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
noonebutme
Established Member

Re: DP's 4 Junkies

Discover is not giving out CLI untill the 1st of the 13th month that you've had the account. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One graduation!

Discover requires a full year before they will approve a CLI. Many forum members, including myself, got an auto-CLI after the 12th statement cut. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 5
Face_Value
New Contributor

@CreditAggie Thanks for letting me know. I hastily posted in my excitement before catching up on my reading. I didnt even see the big thread on capital one graduations til right after I posted lol. 

In looking at your signature you've seemed to have grown your cards quite nicely in a short period of time. How much of that was during the recent covid era? And what if anything did you do to aid in that growth? 

Message 4 of 5
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Face_Value wrote:

@CreditAggie Thanks for letting me know. I hastily posted in my excitement before catching up on my reading. I didnt even see the big thread on capital one graduations til right after I posted lol. 

In looking at your signature you've seemed to have grown your cards quite nicely in a short period of time. How much of that was during the recent covid era? And what if anything did you do to aid in that growth? 

All of my cards were approved before the pandemic, and all CLIs happened during the pandemic. My keys to success have included gardening, consistent spend, PIF, regularly requesting SP CLIs on the Apple Card, and after letting my Disco and BofA cards age a full year, requesting SP CLIs on those cards. After a little over a year in the garden, I plan to app for my Chase and Citi goal cards next month.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.