Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSW Visa Pre-Approval sent by email - FYI

tag
brikays
Regular Contributor

DSW Visa Pre-Approval sent by email - FYI

Was checking my email and noticed an email from DSW with a pre-approval. This contains the opt-out notice and a pre-approval reservation number to accept the offer. Just wanted to share with ya'll DSW lovers out there. There is a possibility that Comenity is sending out pre-approvals by email. No sure whether I am the only one but its worth checking your emails. Here is an email I got from DSW on 5/9.

FYI - used the xxxxxxx to replace personal information contained in the email.

Hi xxxxxxxx!
Rewards Number: xxxxxxxxxx
You can choose to stop receiving "prescreened" offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll-free
1-888-567-8688. See PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE below for more information about prescreened offers.
Flight home. BFF's bday gift. Movie tickets. Cell phone. It could all add up to FREE shoes
Earn Rewards certificates, store 'em up, then cash 'em in for free shoes. Free
shoes up to value of three DSW Rewards certificates per transaction excluding
taxes. Other restrictions may apply. See Rewards certificate(s) for more information.
The DSW Show Lover Visa®
XXXXXXXXX, you’ve been pre-approved* for our brand new, crazy-fabulous DSW Shoe Lover Visa! And that means a $25 BONUS OFFER to spend at DSW can be all yours! Just accept this offer now with Reservation Number XXXXXXXXXX, and then spend $500 outside DSW in the first 90 days after making your first purchase. On top of that? You get all these perks:
DSW REWARDS PERKS—you still get 'em all! Learn more.
2 POINTS PER DOLLAR on all purchases outside of DSW (and 10 points per dollar on all regularly-priced purchases made at DSW!***)
$5 SHOE LOVER BONUS OFFER! Each month you shop at DSW with your Shoe Lover Visa, we'll give you $5 off your next DSW purchase. (Must be signed up to receive email offers from DSW.)
FREE RETURNS on all Shoe Lover Visa purchases made at dsw.com
SPECIAL REWARDS AND OFFERS—tons of chances to get 'em!
Make your move fast, Shoe Lover—you’ve gotta respond by July 31, 2014!
Your Pre-Approved Reservation Number is: XXXXXXXXXX
Ready to start earning shoes?
ACCEPT YOUR OFFER ‣
Or, just call 1.855.266.0559 (TDD/TTY 1.800.695.1788) now.
~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: DSW Visa Pre-Approval sent by email - FYI

I got the same email but I fear store CC at this point and I'm trying to garden as a habit, not as a goal so unfortunately sorry DSW but you will have to wait.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@LShawn08 wrote:
I got the same email but I fear store CC at this point and I'm trying to garden as a habit, not as a goal so unfortunately sorry DSW but you will have to wait.

This is more of a co-branded Visa card then a store cc, beacuse you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted

Message 3 of 9
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I know. Lol but I'd rather a bank Visa than, a apparel co-branded Visa. The APR will still be ridiculous.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 4 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@LShawn08 wrote:
I know. Lol but I'd rather a bank Visa than, a apparel co-branded Visa. The APR will still be ridiculous.

Oh ok I got ya, I have the Total Rewards Visa, primary because I no longer have to pay resort fees at CET properties, I do not buy shoes at DSW so I will not be applying for this one

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I had to go back and check my deleted email beacuse I got this email too BUT mine says: "READY TO APPLY" not you are pre-approved.

Sad Face Smiley Sad

Id so take it with pre-approval!

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I wish I got any emails from them , lol. Definitely Wong be getting the shopping cart tricks or pre-approvals anytime soon from them. Years probably Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Meant " won't" not Wong!!! Jeezzzz
Message 8 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@LShawn08 wrote:

If you buy a lot of shoes at DSW and always PIF, it could be a good deal.   I don't think I ever buy shoes there, but ti could be a good card for someone.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.