Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUCK CARD BT's

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

DUCK CARD BT's

I app'd for the Duck Card strictly for the 0% BT, I have no plans to really use this card other than BT's.  I filled out the BT request on the App to transfer ~3K from my Citi TYP that's expiring at the end of NOV. 

Anyone else approved for the Duck card, filled out the BT fields can confirm how long it took (or if you're still waiting) for the BT to complete. I have no doubt that I will make the deadline before my TYP 0% expires. I just want to get a time frame of how long it takes, I hear CUs take longer for BT to complete because a lot time they have to cut an actual Check as a opposed to electronincally sending it like the Big Boys.

I know the BT I did when I first opened the TYP, Citi had those BT's completed around the same time I got my card. I don't expect OCCU to be just as fast, but it would be nice.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: DUCK CARD BT's

I think they actually send a check to the other CC company. I also apped for a BT. I think my original app date was 10/7 - They sent a letter stating that they approved the BT (and the amount). I got this letter the same day the letter with my credit score came (approx 10/12) .Then I received a letter yesterday (letter was dated 10/14) stating that they sent the check to my other CC, and it should arrive within 10 days, so hopefully, they will get paid by 10/24. As of today, the payment  for the BT has not yet posted.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 7
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

GTK - Thanks.....Could you come back once the BT is complete to give an idea of exactly how long they take...
Message 3 of 7
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

FYI - I just checked and the payment for my BT posted this morning.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 4 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Will they send blank checks to BT or online transaction to BT?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 7
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

The letter the sent said they mailed a check to the creditors, but I put in for the BT when apping for the card. I haven't looked online to see how they will do BT's going forward (sending checks or online only).

Message 6 of 7
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

The letter the sent said they mailed a check to the creditors, but I put in for the BT when apping for the card. I haven't looked online to see how they will do BT's going forward (sending checks or online only).

Got my card this past Friday, and set my online account up only to find out the only way to do a BT after recieving the card, is by Phone with a rep.....OCCU really is not up on technology in this regard.... and all BTs are send via Paper Check to the other CC's.. Nothing is sent electronically. 

I consider it a trade-off for having a nice High Limit, and a 0% for a year. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.