Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW- Sears Citi credit card chances? 750 across 3 CBs

GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

DW- Sears Citi credit card chances? 750 across 3 CBs

Hello folks, 

I wanted to see how good of a chance we have on getting Sears CITI credit card approved with approx $4k to $5k. I saw some good deals on home appliances in sears compared to lowes & HD. almost $800 less in sears( Appliance coupon 10%+ Sears credit card app discount 10%).

Here is some credit background for dw.

Most recent app - Aug 2018 - Amex Cash magnet - Approved with SL $22k

All other inqs are more than 1 year old. No loans on DW profile.

TU - 3 inqs

EQ - 0

EX - Approx 3-4

Total credit limit $200k +

DW has been getting a lot of Citi card pre-approval mailer invites recently for Citi DC, Citi Thankyou, Citi Diamond

Thanks in advance.

7/12/2019 FICO TU-815|EX - 787|EQ -809
Total Credit - $300K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 785
Goal Score: 810

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since June/2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DW- Sears Citi credit card chances? 750 across 3 CBs

Think she stands a good chance. The issue won't be with the approval but the SL. But with those scores and income I don't think it should be a problem.

Message 2 of 5
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Have anyone received more than $5k as SL on this card? 

Is there any way we can ask them to increase by calling credit solutions if approved with lower starting limits say $1k to $2k?

7/12/2019 FICO TU-815|EX - 787|EQ -809
Total Credit - $300K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 785
Goal Score: 810

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since June/2019
Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can call their customer service and ask for a credit limit increase but it'll be another HP to do it and it does not guarantee you'll get the limit you seek. Citi isn't known for giving out generous SLs for their cards.

Message 4 of 5
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Sears is in dire need of business. I bet she is approved with a terrific limit. And, if it is small simply call customer service (CITI Retail Services) explaining that you are planning a large purchase of major appliances and need a larger limit. I bet they are more than happy to help out!

FICO 8 EQ: 838, TU: 834, EX: 831 Total Rev CL: $385,000 - BANK of AMERICA/CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/NORDSTROM/MACYS/BARCLAYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/SEARS/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCH 2% MC /AAoA 14 years
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.