Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW ending her 2014 journey....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW ending her 2014 journey....

This is her journey:

October 12 - Applied for Citi Diamond Preferred -> approved with $2,000 (mail offer)
October 12 - Applied for Amex ED -> approved with $9,500
October 12- Applied for Amex BCE -> approved on Oct 17 with $9,900
October 12 - Applied for Chase Freedom -> denied.
October 14- Applied for BoA cash reward-> denied
October 14- Applied for Discover it-> denied

October 22 - Applied for Barclaycard ring -> denied

November 07 - Cap1 Platinum -> Approved credit steps $300 (mail offer)

December 16 - Amex ED-> denied 3xcli

Thats her joutney as of right now.... 2015 is going to be full of surprises...what do you guys thing of what i got in store for her.....
thinking getting her a credit card with
☆home depot or lowes so she could have that kind of credit card in that category....
☆NFCU cash reward and LOC
☆Walmart ( for the fico score)
☆Chase Freedom
☆Discover it

Scores are between 700-710

What do u guys think.... ??? Any advice will be appreciated
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW ending her 2014 journey....

@Anonymous wrote:
This is her journey:

October 12 - Applied for Citi Diamond Preferred -> approved with $2,000 (mail offer)
October 12 - Applied for Amex ED -> approved with $9,500
October 12- Applied for Amex BCE -> approved on Oct 17 with $9,900
October 12 - Applied for Chase Freedom -> denied.
October 14- Applied for BoA cash reward-> denied
October 14- Applied for Discover it-> denied

October 22 - Applied for Barclaycard ring -> denied

November 07 - Cap1 Platinum -> Approved credit steps $300 (mail offer)

December 16 - Amex ED-> denied 3xcli

Thats her joutney as of right now.... 2015 is going to be full of surprises...what do you guys thing of what i got in store for her.....
thinking getting her a credit card with
☆home depot or lowes so she could have that kind of credit card in that category....
☆NFCU cash reward and LOC
☆Walmart ( for the fico score)
☆Chase Freedom
☆Discover it

Scores are between 700-710

What do u guys think.... ??? Any advice will be appreciated

I wouldn't bother with the Wal-mart if she is able to get the Discover it.

Message 2 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Nixon.   Unless DW has a need for in-store special financing at Wally, the Discover It would render it useless (in fact, if I get back in with Discover, I will either close or permanently SD my Wally card).

What were the denial reasons?   Also, during an app spree, if you get denials or approvals with bad terms (high APR, low CL, etc), it's best to just stop and address the issues.   It may have been best to stop with the Chase denial instead of incurring more HPs.   I wouldn't attempt new apps until after at least May, so that the accounts can age and the HPs can start wearing off.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I agree with Nixon.   Unless DW has a need for in-store special financing at Wally, the Discover It would render it useless (in fact, if I get back in with Discover, I will either close or permanently SD my Wally card).

What were the denial reasons?   Also, during an app spree, if you get denials or approvals with bad terms (high APR, low CL, etc), it's best to just stop and address the issues.   It may have been best to stop with the Chase denial instead of incurring more HPs.   I wouldn't attempt new apps until after at least May, so that the accounts can age and the HPs can start wearing off.  

I would have attempted Recon on most if not all of those denials, but great point indeed!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.