cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad's bad experience with BofA fraud team.

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Dad's bad experience with BofA fraud team.

A few weeks our streets mail box was broken into and they stole everyone's mail, appearently there was some balance transfer checks there and they tried to forge them and cash them. The moment my dad saw it on his Bank of America CC he called in and reported it, and we thought everything was fine until today when he gets a notification his account is late, so he calls in and appearently the rep who took care of him a few weeks ago put everything but one check in dispute/marked as fraud. The rep that handled it today said the charges/fees would be reversed within 48-72 hours and it would be like the account was never late. I hope so, otherwise there WILL be a CFPB complaint made, the last thing we want is to have AA taken due to that rep a few weeks ago.
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
7 REPLIES 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Dad's bad experience with BofA fraud team.

I don't like that they send BT checks every couple of weeks. 

Do you know if there is a way to stop that? 

Now even Cap1 and Discover are sending BT checks by regular mail.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

I don't like that they send BT checks every couple of weeks. 

Do you know if there is a way to stop that? 

Now even Cap1 and Discover are sending BT checks by regular mail.

There really isn't a way to stop this with BoA, unfortunately. I've asked them twice and both reps said they made notes on the account not to send out any more balance transfer checks. I still keep receiving them. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access checks can be stopped, just call regular customer service, they literally just have to click a box that says suppress access checks.....then it'll take 60 days for them to actually stop, and with boa anytime a rep says they are "notating your account" they aren't really doing anything they are just saying that to make you feel better.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Access checks can be stopped, just call regular customer service, they literally just have to click a box that says suppress access checks.....then it'll take 60 days for them to actually stop, and with boa anytime a rep says they are "notating your account" they aren't really doing anything they are just saying that to make you feel better.

Actually, based on the two requests I made, they did check a box on the account and the checks are still coming in the mail, 8 and 9 months after the requests. So making the request doesn't really do anything at all. Others have reported the same.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I've had no issues receiving them after I requested the stoppage outside of the initial 60 day timeframe (actually probably just the first month) and it's been a year.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually, I've had no issues receiving them after I requested the stoppage outside of the initial 60 day timeframe (actually probably just the first month) and it's been a year.

Great for you. However, a number of us still continue to receive them despite having a box checked that says not to send them. BoA doesn't listen well.

Message 7 of 8
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats weird I never got any checks for my accounts. I never had bad charges either. Not sure why.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.