Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily trip to Costco ... surprise!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily trip to Costco ... surprise!

Hello, I hope everyone's having a nice weekend!! Smiley Happy

I'm a Costco lover, and I go to Costco pretty much everyday (mostly for the slice of pizza). I don't have the TrueEarnings card and I checkout with a bluecash usually.

So, today, as usual, I checked out using the Blue Cash card and found out it is denied, and then Platinum, denied again. Had to use my mom's charge card to pay for all the food I've bought (guility ... feeling)

Later on I called Amex customer service and try to find out wt* happened, they told me my accounts are frozne and I have to fill out a 4506t to irs. 

... and I only have had an Amex for <30 days.

Did my irregular spending triggered this?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Daily trip to Costco ... surprise!

Define irregular?
Message 2 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

What do you mean by irregular? Were you purchasing large amounts of gift cards from Costco or something?

I don't see how buying pizza should be considered weird to them

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSG,

Wow.. That is terrible.  Are you going to send it in?  Thus the IRS form?

Message 4 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

Two questions:

1. Precisely what kind of spending were you doing in just 30 days to cause this?

2. Do you really drive to Costco every day and pay for a slice of pizza?  Or is this a free thing?

All I can say is, I hope you didn't put that pizza on your Amex card.  $2, every day, same store, at a store where it's unusual to only spend that little.  They probably thought you were buying 40oz's for lunch.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Ya my parents told me to do so otherwise my accounts will be closed (seriously?)

Also, I spend irregularly all the time, monthly utilization % graph would look something like this:

Message 6 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

Since you've only had the card for less than one billing cycle, how could your util go up and down like that?  Were you pushing tons of payments through or something?  Even so, it would be more like a sawtooth if that were the case.

They certainly cannot care which days you do your spending.  That would be a bit over the top even for Amex.

Message 7 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Ya my parents told me to do so otherwise my accounts will be closed (seriously?)

Also, I spend irregularly all the time, monthly utilization % graph would look something like this:

Best advice I can give you is this: Creditors like stability and predictability. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

@Anonymous,

Ok good.. Often times, Amex does not close the account after review.  I tried logging on different computers but still can't see the graph.  Hopefully, you come out of it successful..

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see the graph either.  What does it show that would cause an alarm?  Still shocked that this could happen in less than 30 days

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.